• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Privatewrench

Going to look new with the new spring seat and passenger seat covers.
So paint will bond to bedliner?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

The Herculiner is very rough when I rolled it on. I sprayed the cab yesterday morning with Behr paint and the paint stuck just fine on the Hurculiner.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_20190106_145715.jpgIMG_20190106_160538.jpg
Well my primary fuel filter was not looking great so the old canister had to go!

IMG_20190106_160549.jpg The filter it's self looked like trash too, so what to do about it?

UPGRADE!

IMG_20190106_145722.jpg This old canister was coming out and so is it's copper line that runs under the front of the frame. The copper line worried me because it was already dented and one good rock or something would crimp it shut for good.

IMG_20190127_093614.jpgIMG_20190127_093625.jpg
Not the best pictures but this is what I did:

I first drained the fuel from the primary (fuel water separator), then I removed the filter housing and the bract that held it in place.
Next step was putting on a base for a CATERPILLAR 2568753.... Well that's not that easy, so I ended up having to cut the old bracket and weld and tap a new plate for the cat filter base.

That done I replaced the old copper line for a hydraulic line ( I know it may only last a few decades). Got some adapters to make it all fit and boom spin on filter that only cost me $80 not including line.

The reason I don't have all the pics and details on fittings and measurements is...... I forgot and did it as each problem and roadblock happened.

Privatewrench

Sprayed inside the cab over the weekend. Doing some touch ups in small areas the sprayer missed. Paint looks pretty good, and covered the Herculiner on the floor with no problem. Putting it back together over the next week.
20190128_184251.jpg

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Herculiner is commercially available; Auto Zone, Advanced Auto, Amazon. -all the "A" stores. Spray cans, or gallons for roll on. Stuff works.

Privatewrench

where does one pick up the Herculiner,looking good AjexMD nice job
I picked up a quart at Lowe's to do my truck. They have a kit with rollers and brushes. I just bought the quart can and used my own roller. It's not cheap! I think I paid close to $25 for the quart. I found it in the Automotive section at Lowe's.

DB556

They actually make tintable bedliner called monstaliner you can spray it with a undercoat gun. I used it on my VW rabbit pickup in forest green, went on great just with a roller.
And you can get in OD green I have two gallons in OD to use on my baja bug and deuce in the summer. And a few gallons of black to do the inside cabs of my Jeep, Bug and M35. They like to post coupon codes for it on jeepforum, They will also send you paint chips of all the colors.
https://www.monstaliner.com/

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I watched the youtube video on how to install the monstaliner, Im not in agreement with the method of premixing the product parts a and b . The instructor suggested removing the gallon of base product and into a bag! " make sure the bag has no holes" he says, and then do the mixing in the bag? What wrong with mixing in a container? and then he says to transfer the mixed product into the bottles for his spray gun. But he doesnt show how to do that from the bag! I am not confident in this

DB556

I watched the youtube video on how to install the monstaliner, Im not in agreement with the method of premixing the product parts a and b . The instructor suggested removing the gallon of base product and into a bag! " make sure the bag has no holes" he says, and then do the mixing in the bag? What wrong with mixing in a container? and then he says to transfer the mixed product into the bottles for his spray gun. But he doesnt show how to do that from the bag! I am not confident in this
Mix in a bag? where is the video?
I just mix it in the gallon cans it comes in, it gets close to the top but its alright if I dont spin the drill mixer to fast.

rustystud

I did mine with "Monsterliner" last year. I just mixed it in the gallon can and used a roller and brush to spread it on.
https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?179947-Deuce-bed-Project

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As with any two part mix they have a pot life. They said that the pot life of that mix is six hours. I was reading and someone said that when they mixed up a batch in a can after some hours it developed a skin on top of the can. Some pot life of a two part mix can be extended by laying them out thinner so they do not develop so much heat and kick sooner. I don't know if air or a tighter confinement kicks there mix faster. If it was in a bag you could bleed air off so may not skin over and it would be thinner confinement but I don't know. Seems like if you were spraying you don't want pieces of the skin blocking the gun. Rolling on seems like it would not hurt. Good luck.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks