• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for putting the video together, Aussie Bloke. Congratulations. That tool truck looks handy and some other nicely done MV's.

Would you mind taking a few pictures of your front bumper and winch setup? I'm about to alter mine and am looking for some ideas. Yours seems to be higher than the bottom of the frame (I don't have a WW model to look at). Is your frame extension angled up?

Finding an A3 hydraulic winch may be difficult for me, so I need to make the frame extensions that can readily take a winch...which may be aftermarket. I may change to an 809 hood that would extend out a bit over a winch...so looking for ideas. Thanks!

Edit...Aussie, I found a good video that had details I asked (above) for pictures of. I'd love to see your pictures but I googled it and came up with the info...they are quite a fabrication. I was surprised the frame went on the inside, rather than outside.

Last edited:

FloridaAKM

With the help of Floridianson, I pulled off the hydraulic lines & HH head to find that the spring & keeper were broken. The button was a bit beatup too from whatever happened. Now I need to find replacements for these items to get the truck back on the road. While all the parts were removed, the FDC was also bypassed to eliminate that issue down the road. Does anybody have any NOS replacement parts for these items? This is the M-35a2c that I got from GP last December (2017).

texas30cal

Congrats Aussie!! My air governor would do that from time to time too, a simple disassembly/cleaning/lubing did the trick. If you disassemble it , there is a Allen set screw hidden under a expansion plug that you have to loosen first. The large jam nut is the pressure adjustment I believe so just be mindful of where it is set.

texas30cal

With the help of Floridianson, I pulled off the hydraulic lines & HH head to find that the spring & keeper were broken. The button was a bit beatup too from whatever happened. Now I need to find replacements for these items to get the truck back on the road. While all the parts were removed, the FDC was also bypassed to eliminate that issue down the road. Does anybody have any NOS replacement parts for these items? This is the M-35a2c that I got from GP last December (2017).
I got new replacement clip, button and bow tie washer (check it for cracks) directly from ambac, iirc there is a number on your existing button that tells you what it is so you can get a identical replacement, I either found the part numbers here on the site or a member provided then to me.

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,.....

Aussie,

Just curious, is the bearing on that trophy free to spin? Looks like a great desktop ornament to spin when you're fidgety.

Carry on!

Regrettably no it dose'nt spin.

I have a feeling this Deuce is gonna be more work than I planned on,....

I think I may have to build a display case to house any further trophy's etc,...

sigh,...

Its always work,... ;)

Aussie.

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,.....

Would you mind taking a few pictures of your front bumper and winch setup? I'm about to alter mine and am looking for some ideas. Yours seems to be higher than the bottom of the frame (I don't have a WW model to look at). Is your frame extension angled up?

Sure next time I get it out of storage I'll take detailed Video of it for you even though you seem to have what you need information wise.

Not a problem mate.

Aussie.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oh man, better pull the maintenance logs and see who worked on that wheel. Looks like your intake mushroom may have departed during the excitement.

Terra1936

Looks like your missing a rim on the front tire too! You guys from Florida sure put tires in add places. I never thought of mounting to front bumper. What page on the TM shows that? Is it the weather? :D It really is a bummer but luckily no one was hurt! Hope you get it back together soon!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks