• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

rustystud

It’d be best if you could post the names and part numbers for the speedometer adapter oil seal instead of the eBay link as that eBay link will not last “forever”.

Also, I want to replace my injection pump oil lines too, but how in the world did you get wrenches on them without removing the pump from the engine block? It must be that the winch PTO shaft on my truck is the primary “problem” (aka in the way).

Nice fixes though!
You can have any "Parker" hose shop make up some nice "PTFE" 919 series stainless steel hoses for under $30.00 . I had four sets made up for me for spares. As "you never know" !!!
This is how I did it about 4 years ago now.

002.jpg028.jpg007.jpg

008.jpg

rustystud

I'm just starting out with my M35A2 but I'm proud to say I got the stuck Parking Brake in working order by simply removing and properly lubricating all of the moving components and the cable. I have also very quickly learned that 3/8 Drive tools will not be sufficient for much longer. I LOVE IT!:-D
It's amazing how easy it can be to get a totally non-functioning vehicle on the road again with just some TLC and grease !
Yes, the 3/8" drive tools can only handle so much on our Deuces. A good 1/2" drive set would make a great Christmas present !

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I remounted the bumper for truck # I am also moumting the shakles fixtures and because I am not re using the lower grill hardware, to fill in thst space I inserted several 3/4" flat washers , grade 8 of cource

Attachments

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well today I ran through everything on the Deuce, fluids tires, lugs etc. I have two parades this weekend so I want everything to be great.

Well I filled up half the tank and oh man Diesel is killing me right now at about $3 a gallon.
IMG_20181109_140027.jpg

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well today I ran through everything on the Deuce, fluids tires, lugs etc. I have two parades this weekend so I want everything to be great.

Well I filled up half the tank and oh man Diesel is killing me right now at about $3 a gallon.
View attachment 747637
Mrmag1, I was in Lee Vining California about 2 weeks ago, and Diesel was over $5.00 a gallon. Here in our little town in Nevada it's about $3.50 a gal.. I would love to see Diesel at $3.00 a gallon.:drool:

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Temperature was just below freezing this morning. She cranked for 15 seconds until she fired up, which is normal for a cold start without any starting aids.
I tried out the tow lights I got from DERRICK and they work very well (with the repaired trailer receptacle...)

Winter is coming and it is time to put the Queen into her heated winter accommodation soon. No salted roads for this lady.

20181110_111746redacted.jpg

Attachments

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_20181110_170944.jpg
IMG_20181110_170947.jpg

I recived my Military to Civilian adapter! Steps from 24VDC to 12VDC and goes to a 7 prong or flat 4/5 connector. I am happy another FMV guy made this so I didn't have to do math and shade tree mechanical engineering to make one!

The XM381 ladies and gentlemen!

winfred

7DE44E9F-C2B5-4E5F-8E54-1D7D22A2DDFA.jpg14ABD627-7075-42D7-8F1C-C7FBAD8C2BD4.jpg5896C5D2-EB43-4C87-929B-E7BBACC330F8.jpgsaturday did just shy of a 300 mile round trip to swap the 109 box for a dropside bed, truck did well on its longest trip yet, haven't filled it to check mileage yet, actually haven't even left the house yet from general start of vacation lazyness and soreness. truck is a bit more spunky and on flat ground cruising at 60 (on 395s) runs 1-2# less boost and 100-150* less egt not pushing the extra air out of the way, would post pics but everybody knows what a m109a3 and a m35a2c look like on mraps and 395s, might update this post later from phone with pic of the box hanging between 2 tractors as thats unique

Last edited:

MattMajcher123

People are too easily offended now of days and feel the need to be keyboard warriors. I read your comment that got him all fired up.. And I thought to myself all of this over a harmless comment you made? What's the world coming to...

RAYZER

On my deuce tractor, I went with army forest green which is the green In the 4 color woodland camouflage, not period corect but I liked it!
Vietnam Era 383 green may be the color your looking for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't remember the TM/TC off the top of my head but I'm pretty sure in the restoration section of this site they have a few different versions. Anyway the TM/TC has the exact color and making schems and stencil markings. Also also I'm pretty sure there I've seen pictures of some wild painted M35s that where in Nam, so you may have even more leeway on what is period accurate.

77 AMG

Went to work at the surplus store where my Deuce is sitting, and got to dig around in the 35,000 sq/ft (!) warehouse. Found some NOS 7" aux lights that have high/low beam, and are designed to be hard mounted in a fixed direction. I will try to remember to get some pictures of them and post them up. Oh, yeah- found several NOS heater kits on the shelves as well...

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Went to work at the surplus store where my Deuce is sitting, and got to dig around in the 35,000 sq/ft (!) warehouse. Found some NOS 7" aux lights that have high/low beam, and are designed to be hard mounted in a fixed direction. I will try to remember to get some pictures of them and post them up. Oh, yeah- found several NOS heater kits on the shelves as well...
Heaters you say?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks