• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

rustystud

Well my rubber feed line going to my IP developed a leak in it when I was replacing the copper line... so I got a local hose store to make me up a new one. I got everything back together, put new hangers on the copper, and no more leaks! This is kind of a stop-gap until I can replace all of the fuel lines and do a FDC bypass.

I also “officially” named her!

View attachment 751925View attachment 751926View attachment 751927

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking good ! Though you might want to tie back that line that is touching your winch driveline.

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

Is it just me or dose that new fuel line look a little short?

It looks like it may not have enough flex in it to accommodate movement but that might just be me,.....

It dose look good though,.....

Aussie.

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,.....

Well I just got a complete Vic-1 Coms system for my Deuce.

Spent the last 30mins + looking through the TM's for the Vic-1 and reading threads about how people have installed theirs,....

Aussie.

Fatalid

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was running the deuce and saw some puffs of smoke coming from the passenger side of the engine compartment... discovered my flame heater injector was leaking. Dripping fuel directly onto the exhaust side of the turbo.

So... I did a semi- delete of the flame heater.

Removed the compression fittings from the injector and plugged it with some brass pipe plugs, deleted the T from the fuel line between the other injectors, and removed and plugged the fuel feed from the front of the IP. That last one was a pain! Especially with the winch drive shaft in the way. Yuck!

Anyway, got it all back together, ran it up to operating temp, and didn’t find any more leaks!IMG_0660.jpgIMG_0661.jpgIMG_0662.jpg

Now I’m not afraid of it catching fire :)

I’m going to fully remove the flame heater injector and spark plug when I get around to adding a pyro/boost gauge. Until then, that’s why I’m calling it a “semi-delete” :)

rustystud

I was running the deuce and saw some puffs of smoke coming from the passenger side of the engine compartment... discovered my flame heater injector was leaking. Dripping fuel directly onto the exhaust side of the turbo.

So... I did a semi- delete of the flame heater.

Removed the compression fittings from the injector and plugged it with some brass pipe plugs, deleted the T from the fuel line between the other injectors, and removed and plugged the fuel feed from the front of the IP. That last one was a pain! Especially with the winch drive shaft in the way. Yuck!

Anyway, got it all back together, ran it up to operating temp, and didn’t find any more leaks!View attachment 752045View attachment 752046View attachment 752047

Now I’m not afraid of it catching fire :)

I’m going to fully remove the flame heater injector and spark plug when I get around to adding a pyro/boost gauge. Until then, that’s why I’m calling it a “semi-delete” :)

The flame heaters are a nice option to have if you live up north in Alaska, down south of that it is not needed at all. Just like you found out, they are a nice source of leaks.

77 AMG

FINALLY!!!!! Got to drive my Deuce a little bit. It was just around the yard, since she is NOT road legal yet, and has NO brakes (in work!). She/he/it (?) seems to be more content looking with the new parking spot, I think. Oh, yeah, I *did* go ahead and grab this snatch block- I figure that if I need it for me, then I am most likely NOT going to be fully loaded, so the rating should not be an issue. (13 TON) I didn't take my saws-all with me yesterday to help remove the old shocks, so, I get to do a "re-do" tomorrow and get them done! aua

Attachments

Last edited:

MudMarine

FINALLY!!!!! Got to drive my Deuce a little bit. It was just around the yard, since she is NOT road legal yet, and has NO brakes (in work!). She/he/it (?) seems to be more content looking with the new parking spot, I think. Oh, yeah, I *did* go ahead and grab this snatch block- I figure that if I need it for me, then I am most likely NOT going to be fully loaded, so the rating should not be an issue. (13 TON) I didn't take my saws-all with me yesterday to help remove the old shocks, so, I get to do a "re-do" tomorrow and get them done! aua
Is that an A6 in the background?

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got serious about a jump starter.

Technically, it could be used for other things, but there's no way I'd buy something this serious if I didn't own something big enough to require it.

20181229_100811.jpg

Quick stats: 3400 amp - 12v; 1700 amp - 24v

If you're looking for one, consider ebay, this one was about $75 cheaper there than Amazon.

Google helps. Google serves. All praise Google.

77 AMG

It's a Lockheed P-80 or T-33.
Tracer is correct. The 'plane in the picture is a T33. It's for sale, and we have almost every piece of it, except for the 2nd Baker seat. Alot of the pieces are inside the building, including the boarding ladder. There is also a M54M2 in the scrap pile. The engine and trans are stored in cans.

77 AMG

Got serious about a jump starter.

Technically, it could be used for other things, but there's no way I'd buy something this serious if I didn't own something big enough to require it.

View attachment 752192

Quick stats: 3400 amp - 12v; 1700 amp - 24v

If you're looking for one, consider ebay, this one was about $75 cheaper there than Amazon.

Google helps. Google serves. All praise Google.
So, it actually specs 24V. Happen to have better info on it?

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, it actually specs 24V. Happen to have better info on it?
What do you want to know? I first saw it on Amazon, read the reviews, mostly used by semi-truck drivers - pretty much what I wanted to hear. Haven't used it myself, just got it.

Expect to spend $300+ on one of these.

77 AMG

Which brand is it? I can't get the picture to come up very well. I used to have a Snap-on starter box that was almost $700. It lasted for a very good while. Any idea of the chargeable life on this one, i.e.- how many times can you discharge/ recharge it?

rustystud

"Skookum" makes an extremely fine snatch block.

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Which brand is it? I can't get the picture to come up very well. I used to have a Snap-on starter box that was almost $700. It lasted for a very good while. Any idea of the chargeable life on this one, i.e.- how many times can you discharge/ recharge it?
Well, it's a: Jump N Carry, JNC1224. This site has a pretty good description of the stats:
https://www.asedeals.com/store/jump-n-carry-hand-held-battery-jump-starter-jnc1224/#tabSpecs

I just read the reviews and figured if it can start a semi it should work for a deuce. I might let me batteries run down to 50% and see how well this jump starter does.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks