• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

davidb56

A welding shop can you supply some good, flexible cables. Stay away from CCA cables! Often used for car hifi, the are only aluminium wires....but looking like copper cables!
I got a extra set of welding cable laying around for my sa200. as soon as I cut them, I'll drop a huge beam on the ones im using and need them. So I can just buy new cables and I got spare 3/8 inch eyes around here somewhere to crimp on.

Kaiser67M715

That old gal is beautiful!

What's the other rig in the background:

- The "bin" for spare parts?!
M-715, 1/4 way through restoration, its on the back burner as I go through and finish some other projects. The blue trailer does house a lot of parts for my one of my other projects-VW aircooled bugs and buses...can never have enough projects, especially if you get them cheap to start.

MudMarine

M-715, 1/4 way through restoration, its on the back burner as I go through and finish some other projects. The blue trailer does house a lot of parts for my one of my other projects-VW aircooled bugs and buses...can never have enough projects, especially if you get them cheap to start.
I really love the m715. Been keeping my eyes open for a a good project one!

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks solid as a rock:

- Are you going to work it, or is it for show?
To work and look good for sale. I like the build, use a bit and then sell. But with 5 tons drying up at auction, I'm not sure of very much...except they are all money pits.

Another Ahab

To work and look good for sale. I like the build, use a bit and then sell. But with 5 tons drying up at auction, I'm not sure of very much...except they are all money pits.
You got to USE money, or it goes bad (kind of like your muscles).

So don't feel bad about your money pits, you're doing good.

Some Economist-kind-of-person mentioned that to me once, something about "velocity of money".

You know Economists:

- They're the people who tell you tomorrow why what they predicted yesterday didn't happen today!

Last edited:

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bit o.t. but I read a book "Truth in Money" about how money in the USA under the FED system is "made", how much of it and how many times it turns over (velocity) and how much is "retired", etc. The authors were basically engineers but with extensive financial knowledge.

Seems since money is made almost entirely by the issuance of debt, public and private, and that the "money supply" in quantity is predictable by a simple math curve....of compounding interest, all the back to 1913, when the FED debt money system was put in place (passed during the middle of the night). The curve can be graphed if you take $1.00 borrowed in 1913 and capitalize 6% interest for 110 years (to 2023). Thats ((($1.00x 1.06) x1.06) x 1.06) x1.06 for 110years.

That is the curve of the quantity of money that was M3. M3 was about to scare the shi(dung) out of the mommy's and daddy's and you can see why when you see the interest portion of the above graph. It shows exponential growth of "money" that has no backing at all, simply bookkeeping entries. I won't go on, but that book, hard to find and out of print, has so well predicted the Q of money that a solution MUST be found to prevent a collapse of faith.

We need a co-currency. Equity money that is equal to a FED Reserve Dollar Note, legal tender for all debts public and private but equity, spent into existence for value. Make all capital growth for 10 years in US Treasury Dollars. Okay too far off... the conversation does relate to my beloved "money pit" however.

davidb56

That AD-9 is a little larger (a lot) than I thought. I'll have to make some brackets and mount it above the spare tire. anywhere else, and it would get buried in snow/slush....

Kwaligura

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Changed my mirrors to the LMTV style. Thanks Fuzzytoaster. Troubleshot my no crank problem. Had my Vietnam vet friend help me. Thanks Gene Wilson. I gave him the easy job of manning the controls in the cab. Found was getting power all the way to the starter solenoid when the button was pressed. Ended up putting the new gear reduction starter that I bought on Amazon for $160. Now it starts fast and quiet. The one that I bought was not adjustable and it is a little close to the frame but it should be ok.20190518_162728.jpg20190518_171704.jpg

Nomad1

Yesterday I pulled the front axle seals. Here are a couple pictures 1 of axle tube after seal removal before final clean up and one of what I used to do the job.front axle M35a2 seal removed.jpgslide hammer puller with axle seal on it.jpgNote seal and retainer are on the tool in the photo.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks