• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,...

In about an hour I'll go get my Deuce and later this afternoon I'll have another go at breaking those sump drain plugs free.

Then I can get the first service done.

Aussie.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Installed my new LED headlights today!

View attachment 754946
Be careful everyone with some of the surplus LEDs! I know we get two different sets in the Army now a days, all our LMTV/ MTV trucks get 12VDC ones and they are sometimes only marked by the stock number not anything that says either VDC. We found out the hard way a few years ago when they wouldn't last in the Humvees. Not trying to scare anyone or suggest anyone is stupid I'm just saying check the stock numbers on the ones you buy.

rustystud

Be careful everyone with some of the surplus LEDs! I know we get two different sets in the Army now a days, all our LMTV/ MTV trucks get 12VDC ones and they are sometimes only marked by the stock number not anything that says either VDC. We found out the hard way a few years ago when they wouldn't last in the Humvees. Not trying to scare anyone or suggest anyone is stupid I'm just saying check the stock numbers on the ones you buy.
That's good to know.
Thanks.

fpchief

I got the seams on the M109 roof covered with new sheet metal and got it all riveted down. Now working on sealing the seams with joint caulking. Tough on the knees.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Fatalid

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Helped the Boy Scouts this morning with their food drive, then stopped to take some photos with the new tires on :)

IMG_0775.jpg

MudMarine

I've been playing with the idea of trying some of those chicom 7" lights, I expect some degree of failure with them but I'll let you know what I find out. It'll be a few more months before I can though. Still waiting on my house to get built so my dad has the Deuce in the meantime

SRB1976

Mine were marked 24 volt on the back.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_20190202_153550.jpg
Just made my truck into a 13,000lb lawn ornament, the secondary fuel filter canisters are so disgusting I'm replacing them with spin on.

Privatewrench

View attachment 755098
Just made my truck into a 13,000lb lawn ornament, the secondary fuel filter canisters are so disgusting I'm replacing them with spin on.
I had the same. I cleaned them up real nice and put in new filters. Afterwards, decided to get the spin on. Got them on the shelf ready to install when the next change is due. I would have saved some time and energy if I just got the spin on from the start. You'll be glad you did it.

Private Wrench

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks