• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Nomad1

I know that ford use to obsolete parts faster then others back in the day=davidb56;2246189]@ pitpawten......Concentrate on the drive train now, and then the cosmetics later. If I didn't have my Deuce last week, I'd be USCWAP. I have a F350 4x4 snowplow truck with a 460 engine that I am waiting for parts this week after a complete rebuild, and the weather is turning to ^^^^. I have a Ford super duty flatbed for fire wood that had bad fuel in the rear tank and clogged my filters in the middle of getting winter wood, so I had to finish up with the Deuce. Its a capable work horse back up vehicle that can plow, haul, a go places theres cant. BTW the auto industry doesn't support all vehicle parts after 20 years old, so I am converting my 460 EFI over to Carb and HEI ignition. Parts for the Deuce seem to be no more difficult to get than a 1994 Ford EFI with a now obsolete ECM.[/QUOTE]

dmetalmiki

Sometimes total "demolition" of existing product, and starting all over (from scratch) is the best way to do something right.

Is that what I understand you did here, dmetalmiki?
Yes, I rewired it TWICE! But glasses off..too far, Glasses on too near!
After the third time and blowing fuses and wires..I gave up as I was (seeing double!)m and wiring slots incorrectly.
Today yet again, I started from scratch.
Ended up with about 100 yards of wire on the floor.
Rewired the dash panel I made and fitted new switches.
Removing and replacing that TOP switch (Green arrow with*),, Was the MOST ridiculously difficult switch I have ever had the misfortune to try and remove then replace with a new one!. It took me 2 Hours!.
Phew, the Vehicle is 'back to standard'.
Well I say standard..The lights ALL work correctly..So do the top lights, Emergency beacons Rear emergency spot lamps,and top strobes!.
Tomorrow..AGHHH! Attempt (Yet again!)..to wire the headlamps to Sequential, alternate, AND simultaneous flash sequences.
Yeah..'Brain teaser', (Or R.A.F.), Intelligence TEST!
We will see...(Fire extinguishers and wire cutters at the ready!. I WILL report. (And),
I WILL Succeed! (NOT Suck Seed!).

Attachments

92ramaro

Another day in the woods.

Need to figure out this sprag transfer case engagement soon before I pull my hair out lol. Pulling a loaded dump trailer uphill, my rears will spin long enough (we're talking minutes) for me to think all is lost before the transfer sporadically engages the front axle and pulls us over the hill.

After browsing many helpful posts, I've got a good idea on where to start. Just have to find the time to do so.20191022_182551.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for throwing me the Life Ring, Brother Tracer!

Those chain clamps (or whatever they're called), are some serious fine pieces of heavy-duty hardware. Where did you find those?!
They're called axle clamps. Several members here on Steel Soldiers have them for sale.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another day in the woods.

Need to figure out this sprag transfer case engagement soon before I pull my hair out lol. Pulling a loaded dump trailer uphill, my rears will spin long enough (we're talking minutes) for me to think all is lost before the transfer sporadically engages the front axle and pulls us over the hill.

After browsing many helpful posts, I've got a good idea on where to start. Just have to find the time to do so.View attachment 780588

Wish we lived closer. You could drop that wood off at my place. Winters a coming. As far as your sprag transfer case goes, update to an air shift. No more nail biting in those tough situations.

Kwaligura

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Radiator on the 76 was leaking so I pulled it last week and took it to Carnegie Radiator outside of Pittsburgh. I figured it was a good time to change over to a screw on primary fuel filter. Used a napa base, inlet and outlet were the same sizes as the old housing. Found the alternator case was broken and started fabricating the bracket to mount the aftermarket 1 wire on it. Alot easier with the radiator gone. Pictures of the alternator and bracket coming when done.20191027_182149.jpg

davidb56

Im going to do the same thing with the primary fuel line but run a aeroquip type in place of the copper one along the crossmember. Im off road more than on road.

Kwaligura

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I always worry about ripping off fuel, air and brake lines. I crunched a doe about 3 weeks ago on a county road about 50 mph. Sounded horrible. I dreaded hitting the brake pedal for fear of nothing being there.

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
For the added assurance you speak of, Kwaligura, I have installed the remote master cylinder reservior. It sits above the floor board enabling me to see that I do have fluid any time I want to.

Attachments

Kwaligura

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have 2 of those kits to put on trucks. I'm rebuilding or replacing everything in the brake system on the 70, some jackwagon put DOT 3 fluid in it and the wheel cylinder bores were rusted.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have 2 of those kits to put on trucks. I'm rebuilding or replacing everything in the brake system on the 70, some jackwagon put DOT 3 fluid in it and the wheel cylinder bores were rusted.
Meh, my truck has had bfs as long as I can remember and I've had rusted wheel cyls too.

92ramaro

Wish we lived closer. You could drop that wood off at my place. Winters a coming. As far as your sprag transfer case goes, update to an air shift. No more nail biting in those tough situations.
I'd deliver just for the sake of getting that much seat time in my Deuce if I could afford the time off

Got out of work earlier than planned yesterday and found the spring in the transfer case shift shaft frozen. After some Kroil and forceful persuasion, I reliably have 6x6 engagement. For now.
Still probably going to grab an air shift model to keep on the shelf for reassurance purposes.

davidb56

For the added assurance you speak of, Kwaligura, I have installed the remote master cylinder reservior. It sits above the floor board enabling me to see that I do have fluid any time I want to.
would that work on a duel circuit master cylinder.......yes Im too lazy to look it up. but I did replace my oil pressure gauge today and split some wood in the snow.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put a coolant filter on my M35A2 .. and made pudding!!!IMG_20191028_152856880_HDR.jpg
This is after about 4 hours. Put a new filter and I'll go about 20 then change it again.
Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Maverick1701

I made this for all my Facebook military vehicle owner friends:
"Y'all need to be extra careful with your kiddos while trick-or- treating this year. Check all their candy before they eat it. You never know what some crazy person will do to try and harm our little ones. I just found this m35a2 in my baggie of fruit snacks...unbelievable!!!"

tt2.jpgtt1.jpg

Kwaligura

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just found out today that the radiator that I pulled from the 76 is not repairable and the new one that I bought new has been damaged in storage so now I am going another route. Ordered one for a Case MX100 tractor off of fleabay, Looks like I can make it work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks