• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

fpchief

Had a brand spanking new main air line made at Parker for the '66. Used the black synthetic fiber wrapped line for the whole thing. I could have gone a little cheaper with only using the good stuff for the first few feet but chose the easier route. Had to drop one of the tanks down to get the fitting off the tank and of course broke one of the mounting bands. On the M109 i replaced a leaky injector line, i verified i need to replace my HH o rings, and i have the rear axle tore down for new seals. Finding out the rear is not even 1/4 the job as the front.

Can anyone please direct me to the correct TM showing just how to use the little cork wedge? I can not find the task anywhere and I know it is just me.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went to a car show and showed off the deuce, I love going to the local car show because I get to talk to the old soldiers about their experiences with the truck.

Well long story short I met this old retired CW3 that wants to build a M1009 clone, and now I'm finding him one to use as parts.

Moral of the story is this is the best hobby ever, I get to meet new folks, hear war stories and help out another guy with the same hobby. BEST HOBBY EVER!

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_20181127_180432.jpg
IMG_20181127_180451.jpg
IMG_20181127_180503.jpg

Well I got really excited then really miffed in the span of a day....

I received semi-new Truck-Lite LED headlights for the Deuce, they fit perfectly and only thing I have to do is solder in military connectors. Sweet right?

Nope these are the 12V only version of the lights..... Oh well I'm sure I can find something to do with em or find em a good home.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I didn’t
View attachment 749286
View attachment 749287
View attachment 749288

Well I got really excited then really miffed in the span of a day....

I received semi-new Truck-Lite LED headlights for the Deuce, they fit perfectly and only thing I have to do is solder in military connectors. Sweet right?

Nope these are the 12V only version of the lights..... Oh well I'm sure I can find something to do with em or find em a good home.
I didn’t think 12v or 24v mattered for LEDs. I swapped a trailer over and have had no issues

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If I can make it work cool, and I also thought the same of LED but these are specifically marked 12V, also funny note they where made for military as the wires are marked 16/17/18 for the correct hook ups.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No but my -20 TM does. Also I just found out these are meant for LMTV and MRAP as they have 12VDC bulbs.. who knew.

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can, if you wish, make them work by selecting the=at coductor representing that is unswitched , and reconnecting it to a frame ground.

This way, your in cab light switch will still provide the " switched " conduvtor with 12 volt, and the altered reconnected unswitched conduvtor will be connected to a frame ground will give 12 volt to the bulr, rather than 24. This is assumimg the switched conductor .........just try it and let me know

77 AMG

I put a BUNCH of stuff on lay -a-way/ hold at work for my baby- used, but very good windshields (all 3) both heater kits, a 15 ft long (?/!) green bed cover, 4 sets of Dessert Tan mirrors-NIB, a pair of NOS worklights (the kind that have the switch on the back, along with a wrap around type handle/ guard, and some blown-out Woodland Camo Goretex bivy covers for sleeping bags. THESE, I'ma gonna cut up and re-skin my Deuce seats with. No more wet butt after it rains! Man, I ain't *ever* getting a paycheck while working at a Surplus Warehouse.

rustystud

I put a BUNCH of stuff on lay -a-way/ hold at work for my baby- used, but very good windshields (all 3) both heater kits, a 15 ft long (?/!) green bed cover, 4 sets of Dessert Tan mirrors-NIB, a pair of NOS worklights (the kind that have the switch on the back, along with a wrap around type handle/ guard, and some blown-out Woodland Camo Goretex bivy covers for sleeping bags. THESE, I'ma gonna cut up and re-skin my Deuce seats with. No more wet butt after it rains! Man, I ain't *ever* getting a paycheck while working at a Surplus Warehouse.

Just be thankful that your smart enough to take advantage of your work situation. I worked at a place that had NOS stuff back to the First World War, but I did nothing !! They had 4ft X 4ft X 4ft bins full of NOS Hyrda-Matic transmissions bands still in the original wrappers. Complete NOS engines still in crates. NOS differentials by the hundreds. Four warehouses 80ft x 200ft full X 40ft tall full of NOS parts ! Two WWII tank retrievers ! It was just a job to me then. Rebuilding differentials and transmissions and transfer-cases. Now I wish I could go back in time and buy that stuff like there was no tomorrow !!!!!!

77 AMG

@Rustystud. I hear ya' on that! I have always had a bit of a, um, mechanical addiction, even the junkyard that I worked in was bad for paychecks. I have 35,000 sq ft of warehouse, 7 53' semi trailers, 2 53' CONEX boxes. plus stuff sitting out in the yard to dig through. Sadly, most of the MV stuff is long gone, except for a bunch of M151 stuff. I can't imagine working in a place like you did. The 80x32x30 barn that we have would be *literally* bursting from the stuff that I would drag home!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks