• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

77 AMG

I *finally* got a chance to install the Gabreil shocks that I bought a while back. NO GO!!!!!!!!! The mounting stud "steps" up in diameter, and, the "stroke" is WRONG! Like not enough COMPRESSION stroke. Also, while still "banded" by the factory twist tie wire, the shocks were already filling the given space for them to mount in.
I also gave into the Darkside today, and took this for a test drive, since it showed up at work and the Boss said "check it out".....

Attachments

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I *finally* got a chance to install the Gabreil shocks that I bought a while back. NO GO!!!!!!!!! The mounting stud "steps" up in diameter, and, the "stroke" is WRONG! Like not enough COMPRESSION stroke. Also, while still "banded" by the factory twist tie wire, the shocks were already filling the given space for them to mount in.
I also gave into the Darkside today, and took this for a test drive, since it showed up at work and the Boss said "check it out".....
I bet you liked that 923.

Here is one I had and sold. It was an A1 and had a super clean 250.

Attachments

MudMarine

Not going to lie, I really want a 5-ton but the M35 was one of my first dreams! Wanted one so bad in highschool and my dad was down but when my mom found out we could actually do it she got serious and said NO WAY! Haha

77 AMG

Yeah, gang. I liked the 923, def! I don't *need* it and the wife has already nixed getting it, but, well............ I thought that it was funny that I was a better driver in it than the Boss, and he got to drive them daily while doing some, um, contract work overseas, back when. He thought it was funny, as well. i haven't heard the price of it yet, so, I *might* actually make some money working there this year, lol.

tobyS

Steel Soldiers Supporter
77 AMG.... your wife could drive that 5 ton...AT, PS, PB....bet she couldn't drive your deuce.

77 AMG

Actually, tobyS, she COULD drive it, once it started rolling. The lack of P/S is the only thing that keeps her OUT of my truck. I think that she wants me to NOT get the 5 ton because I already have 19 vehicles, 3 tractors, 1 motorcyle and now the deuce to keep me busy.

rustystud

Actually, tobyS, she COULD drive it, once it started rolling. The lack of P/S is the only thing that keeps her OUT of my truck. I think that she wants me to NOT get the 5 ton because I already have 19 vehicles, 3 tractors, 1 motorcyle and now the deuce to keep me busy.

I would love to get a 5 ton but I'm sure the wife would divorce me if I did. After all I spent all of last summer getting rid of all my trucks and tractors and a few cars. I only kept the Air-Force Deuce and one 1954 REO Deuce. Though I REALLY REALLY wished I could have kept the 1944 Marine M5 6X6 . The problem was it was so rare I couldn't find parts for it.

Ajax MD

Mrmag1, the bed liner on the step is a good idea, I am thinking of doing the front fender tops as well.
My fender tops were painted with a rough, non-skid paint and then painted over with CARC. Obviously done by the military. I'm surprised they didn't do the steps that way, also.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My fender tops were painted with a rough, non-skid paint and then painted over with CARC. Obviously done by the military. I'm surprised they didn't do the steps that way, also.
Our Deuce has that same CARC over Non-Skid (bedliner) treatment on the upper surfaces of both front fenders AND the side steps/running boards.

I like it A LOT ! ! !

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,...

I've bent tracking a package for the last 2 weeks,...

Latest has it passed through my workplace so I expect it delivered today if all go's well,...

Expecting a nice surprise when I get home.

Aussie.

Mrmag1

Head of Stuff N' Things
Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMG_20190112_095507.jpgIMG_20190112_095811.jpgIMG_20190112_095936.jpgIMG_20190112_100636.jpgIMG_20190112_124801.jpg
I received a pair of faceplate only LED turn signals, I had no new buckets so I gutted my old ones and wouldn't you know it they fit perfectly. All I had to do is punch out the back rubber bit after unscrewing the guts. A easy mod that just took 5 min of work.

Ajax MD

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks