• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Deplorable1

I worked on my m105, I replaced the airlines for the glad hands, did a function check for air and electrical systems, will get pics tomorrow. Need to thumb through the TM for general knowledge of the m105. Took the deuce for a spin around the block.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, it's certainly a sleeker look. Functionally, they're mostly a wash for me. I did it for the looks really. I don't find one any easier than the other, just different. Suppose you could make the argument that at least at night you can tell where the lights are w/out having to use a flash light (I mean, sure, you can just feel the levers, but at a glance...), but that's pretty much the only functional advantage I can think of. They are not cheap, the thread I found that mentioned them was 10+ years old and they were $150 then, the price is closer to double that now.

The pic doesn't show the ground, I installed that on the dash console just to the right of the wiper knob.

For my part it's always been my intention to take this truck WAY out of stock and in that respect the push button fits. If it's important to you to maintain a look close to the original there is no reason not to stick with the 3-lever.

That said, I really do prefer the push button.

I did read some threads that suggested that the LED lights are better suited with these switches. I've switched all my bulbs to LED and have LED headlights.

Last edited:

Nomad1

Changed a tire and tube yesterday.Tomorrow my 13/16 4 point should be in so I can pull the inner duals. I love my tire changing tools although the tire I changed yesterday was easy! The ones I did this winter I had to peel from the rim and paint.

mann650

My oldest wanted and "Army" birthday party for his 7th birthday. Unbeknownst to them, a few months ago I had purchased a M35A3, that was living across the highway from our house. This weekend we had a great birthday party and filled the truck with a bunch of kids and drove them around the neighborhood. My son said this was his best birthday ever and even gave the truck a name, Zeus (he thought that was what I said when I called it the deuce and a half). The name has stuck, and now the boys want to take the truck everywhere. kids party.jpgbrothers.jpg

mann650

I thought so. I know there are plenty of things larger than a Deuce out there, just 5 minutes on this board will assure you of that. But to my boys it is the biggest and coolest thing out there, so Zeus it is.

emeralcove

Steel Soldiers Supporter
mann650, if you pick up an M105 trailer you could name it "half" so together you have a "Zeus &a Half", I am glad you have kids to share your toy with, very cool.

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,.....

whatadeuce said:
perhaps I shall b uy a m37, for I am moving to a smaller living space where there are codr enforcement issues

Then one has to ask why you are moving there then?

Why not go where you can keep YOUR property?

Aussie.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks