• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

I installed mine on my front bumper since it is too difficult for me to lift it into the bed anymore. I didn't want to add anymore weight up front, but I didn't have many options left to me.

I'd love to see any pictures of that front mount system.

Did you consider under the bed at the front in the cavity where I thing you can store the bows,...?

Did yours have a winch?

Aussie.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a nice place to carry it too ! I installed mine on my front bumper since it is too difficult for me to lift it into the bed anymore. I didn't want to add anymore weight up front, but I didn't have many options left to me.
The nice thing about carrying it there is that it does not interfere with, lets say, getting a load of gravel. As for removing and putting it back, you can easily slide the extensions out on the deck and move the pipes individually. That is how I put it back up there. No need to strain your back.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have it you won't need it!:grin:

HAHAHA!

BUT, Murphy's Law would declare: If you own a Tow Bar and aren't carrying it, YOU WILL NEED IT !

I'd love to see any pictures of that front mount system.
DITTO !

I think that many of us would love to see pictures (and details) of your Front Mount Tow Bar Stowage.

For that matter, I'd love to see ANY options that folks have designed and built for the Stowage of the Medium Tow Bar on a Deuce or 5-Ton Truck.

Thank y'all in advance.

Aussie Bloke

G'day everyone,....

Thanks Rusty,... I just read that thread then came here,....

LOL.

Not a bad set-up but I can't help but think of what if you sink the front end into soft ground?

Will the combined weight and any momentum bend the tow bar?

Sorry but my mind at times works in mysterious ways,...

Aussie.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
HAHAHA!

BUT, Murphy's Law would declare: If you own a Tow Bar and aren't carrying it, YOU WILL NEED IT !

DITTO !

I think that many of us would love to see pictures (and details) of your Front Mount Tow Bar Stowage.

For that matter, I'd love to see ANY options that folks have designed and built for the Stowage of the Medium Tow Bar on a Deuce or 5-Ton Truck.

Thank y'all in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got a few more the wheels stripped down & painted, still got to clean up the overspray though. All the gauges have working lights now, just waiting on my air pressure gauge from Bryce to arrive. Removed the old rusted out j-pipe removed, waiting on some more paint to arrive so I can paint it then get it installed. Switched out some dash bulb covers & got the new shifter boot and pedal covers on. Making progress on the old girl little by little, when I sell her she'll make a great truck for someone!!
Resized_20190929_180834.jpgResized_20190929_180842.jpgResized_20190929_180820.jpgResized_20190914_185254.jpgResized_20190914_185427.jpgResized_20190929_180908.jpgResized_20190929_181121.jpgResized_20190914_220047.jpg

Last edited:

SCM35A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just curious:

- How are you stripping the overspray, solvent?
Yes sir, Aircraft paint remover from Advance Auto Parts. I had to let it sit for at least an hour, cleaned it off & then applied it again. Now I did have 30 plus years of paint on my wheels, but it works great.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for posting that up, RustyStud, and for the follow up conversation.

I've considered many options for toting the Medium Tow Bar around with me. Yours is certainly a novel approach worthy of consideration.

And thank you too, Elijah95. I like the bed-side stowage option too. It would leave the bed accessible for the full spectrum of cargo.

Now y'all have really got me thinking!

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Thanks for posting that up, RustyStud, and for the follow up conversation.

I've considered many options for toting the Medium Tow Bar around with me. Yours is certainly a novel approach worthy of consideration.

And thank you too, Elijah95. I like the bed-side stowage option too. It would leave the bed accessible for the full spectrum of cargo.

Now y'all have really got me thinking!
I managed to squeeze it down right trails with minimal issues, and it is great height wise to detach and hook up in less than 5 minutes in 2 pieces

rustystud

G'day everyone,....

Thanks Rusty,... I just read that thread then came here,....

LOL.

Not a bad set-up but I can't help but think of what if you sink the front end into soft ground?

Will the combined weight and any momentum bend the tow bar?

Sorry but my mind at times works in mysterious ways,...

Aussie.
If anything where able to bend that tow-bar the way it is, then having a bent tow-bar would be the least of my worries !
I would be having a straight "person to person" talk with GOD at this point !
First off it would have to get through the bumpers, which are held together with 1/2" grade 8 flanged bolts and bumper brackets. Then past the 1/4" thick steel tubes and the 3/8" thick brackets that are reinforced with another 3/8" steel plate. The tubes are held in place with 1/2" 'U'-bolts so there not going anywhere either.
The person or thing that needs to worry is who I hit with it !

rustystud

I managed to squeeze it down right trails with minimal issues, and it is great height wise to detach and hook up in less than 5 minutes in 2 pieces

I had originally thought to put mine on the side like you did, but after trying to put the pieces up there to check it out I decided against it. I could barely lift them in place ! I'm only getting older, so I needed another option.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks