• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

AnonymousOne

I purchased 9 pallets of wood pellets last month during MA Tax break weekend for November delivery but temp dropped so much needed to pick up 2 pallets early.

Word got around fast at Lowes by the time I parked and got to the service desk and told them I need to pick up a few pallets early ... they lady said "Are you the one with the army truck outside?"
:beer:

Attachments

caliber1

Wow, the job on that Jeepster is outstanding!! Your Deuce looks pretty cool sitting there towering over everything else too. LOL Nice pics.

Got the driver's seat bolted in just in time to enter it in the local Franklin, KY car show. Kinda stood out. All the kids loved it. A lot of little boys wanted their picture with it. Had several veterans talk about their days in a deuce. It was an awesome day.

We have an awesome show every year. Any MV owners are welcome to attend. It would be nice to have a few join me each year. We have 200 plus cars each year, all classes and calibers.

Of course my vote went for an awesome 1948 Jeepster just for the cool factor alone. Very well done, V8, air, power brakes and steering.

docpadds

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Busy day and a lesson learned. Fixed the leaky oil pressure sensor, now she doesnt drip a bit. Fixed up heater intake so thats better.

Fixed up the exhaust, new flex pipe and fixed a leak higher up system. Lesson learned was how well the truck runs when she isnt leaking exhaust gas, backpressure seems to be very important :) Truck now runs FAR better.

RobM36A2

Because it seems my exhaust is modified, we try to weld it first.
A complete set is €525,- at truckpartstrading.
Ow well. I try to be ready on saturday. For the car meet.

bsorcs

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Installed a solargizer, to replace the one that blew off when I hauled the whaleboat to the marina. Seems that someone forgot to pull if off of the hard top...duh! Need to drive it more...sigh.

Jeepsinker

I replaced some of the rotted wood on my troop seats with fiberglass from 5 ton troop seats that I found cheap ($15) at a junk yard near me. Also replaced a broken mustache spring and then found a newly leaking inter axle wheel end seal.... Cleaned the compressor intake filter and tightened the belt. Just have to figure out the cause of my intermittent charging now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks