• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Darwin T

yea i have the shackles and the mounts just didnt know if the stock bolt that is underneath would work. thanks!
nope on the stock bolts. you need two 5/8" and two 1/2" bolts that are 10 1/2"s long or 11" but you may have to cut or grind the 11". grade 8 bolt that long are (uber $$$$). 1/2 x 10 1/2" were about $13.00 each. 5/8 x 10 1/2" were 24.00 each. i had already started the process and had it set in place before i found this out. i was past the point of no return, because i was installing ALL new bolts.

chicklin

Turned fuel up a half-turn. Didn't want to go any further since I don't have a pyro yet. It puts out a little more smoke at the shift points, but is still clean at idle and WOT without load.

Also took her to the car show at the square in our little town. It was a HUGE hit. All the guys with the Camaro's and Chevelle's and such were pretty stunned :)

jeepzilla47

In the past two days.......

Bypassed FDC (need to turn fuel down, i am hitting 1150F pre turbo by time i get half way through fourth)

Pulled fuel tank and cleaned out sludge!!

Mounted and wired two Nordic HID (like on Cat equipment) (pics at bottom)

Replaced Service glad hand and straightened bracket

Pulled top on trans to look around....added some Lucas while I was there.

Mounted rear lights (need to run wires)

Made a door stop so my drivers side door would not adjust my mirrors every time I got in and out

Greased and adjusted both doors and windows.

Attachments

91W350

Good luck!! I fixed the park brake on one, fuel gauge on another, and rebuilt the instrument cluster wiring harness on one. Added a quart of Marvel Mystery oil, trying to help a sticky governor. Looking forward to the next two! Glen

kc4wd

Got all the parts I needed from Summit Racing. I looked at some other places first but they were out of the mount. Every place I looked was out of something, just the filter from Summit.

TIL-74-202 Res.
TIL-74-207 Cap
TIL-74-208 Clamp
TIL-74-210 Filter (backordered till 10/17)
TIL-74-212 Adaptor Mount

Got a 1/8 NPT 90* to 3/8 hose
and brake line locally. Didn't take but about an hour to do it.

Last edited:

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I pulled off the bumper, got to weld one side back on. For some reason it was cut off and rewelded, but the weld broke. I got a couple of dings to pound out too. Gonna clean it up and paint it while I got it off.

aaron379

Did a few things this week. Nothing you haven't seen before.....but I'm new and tring to catch up!

Spin on oil filters

New seat covers

New cold weather shifter boots

Brake fluid remote res. mounted in cab behind seat.
where did you get your seat covers? and how much were they?

jeepzilla47

well...i adjusted the brakes on mine last week......and.........ummmmm......musta been a little too tight. when i got home i had some good smoking action from one of the drums!!!!! anyway, this weekend, i replaced four shoes, and two wheel cylinders on the back axle!! (two more axles to go!!!) the side that had a new looking wheel cylinder on it was the one that was the worst. The inside of the boot was full of fluid!!! People really need to check the cylinders when getting a new to them deuce!!!

SMOKEWAGON66

I disassembled my transmission, cleaned it out, and cleaned the outside, the bellhousing, and then reassembled it as far as i could without a new input shaft bearing. Then i took off both front tires and pulled the hubs to inspect and repack the bearings while the trucks immobilized in the garage. Cleaned the hubs out and i think this week ill paint the drums with some hightemp black....heres a couple pics.

Attachments

kc4wd

where did you get your seat covers? and how much were they?

Got them here....
JATONKA M35 CANVAS SEATCOVERS

They fit perfect. My drivers seat had excellent foam and didn't need replacing but, the bench seat was terrible. I used 3 layers of carpet padding glued together on top of the springs for a nice firm seat. I looked at using standard foam but it was to soft and expensive. Since you only need small pieces of padding, Lowes hardware gave me the scraps they could not sell.

Last edited:

connectingbar

Changed out the belts and all fuel return lines, Also installed the troop cover. Next week I will be changing all the fluids and filters. Just the typical pcms before winter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks