• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Greased all zerks. The groaning noise that it was making is no gone. Also got a bit easier to steer. I need to do this more than once a year. :p

flyusn99

Upgrades

Maximum Overdrive got a newly refurbished hood, 2 new front windows, electric wipers, 4 rifle mounts in the cab and some additional sound proofing....
Its been a busy weekend....

engineer233

Made a bracket and added a 12v chevy alternator and battery . Installed a battery ground keyed disconnect switch I got from a caterpillar dozer. Next week I hope to install a radio and cb.

6x6guy

Picked up one of my trucks- that was on display at a Wounded Hero fund raiser in Mt. Prospect
Ill. that was onsite for a couple of days- on display for a local bar that was donating all of the proceeds from the event- for a great cause. The event was over the week end and raised alot of money with a couple of hundred motorcycles on display with a classic car show, a great turn out - complete with with a couple of roasting pigs with lots of food and refreshments.

Darwin T

put one of my M35a2's on display at a local church that was having a 9/11 memorial service and was Honoring some local Veterans (one was a Vietnam Veteran). i had to work but she made it.

goldwing2000

Banned
What info you got on that 21SI conversion
Most of the info was obtained from this site.
Find an alternator on eBay, make/buy a lower bracket, bore out the stock pulley or buy a new one and install.

You can use a 21SI, 22SI or 27SI, just find which one is cheaper (and be sure you get a 24v model). I got the 21SI for $63 shipped and the bracket and pulley mods didn't cost anything so for less than the price of a military regulator, I have a whole new alternator that's more reliable and easier to fix. Not to mention about half the weight.

Last edited:

GHILL55

progress report M35A3

Very busy week,
I just installed locking door handles (care of the local RV shop), still need to scoff and paint to match truck. installed restored steel hard with wood panel to mount CB/SSB and Ham radios. Pulled spare tire mount and am fabricating custom aluminum 50 gal fuel tank (spare to be mounted on back of camper body). Lastly I painted the cargo cover to match the truck.

oddshot

Installed new front shocks (Monroes).

Took apart left front, replaced ripped boot with new silicone one piece ... new seals ... checked and repacked bearings.

I was very happy to see that the brakes, wheel cylinder, hoses and bearings in the front left matched the condition of the rears ... NEW, NEW NEW ... and consistent with the 12,000 miles the odo indicated when i picked up this truck.

I also started a project to come to a better understanding of WMO as a motor fuel.

But I'm out of time ... I got homework ... and gotta mow the lawn.
I will do the right side next week.

Maybe the week after that I can get it PAINTED!!! :jumpin::jumpin::jumpin:

oddshot

Akicita

Pulled the in-tank fuel pump today. Found a lot of grime and sludge on the grid and took it off. See pictures below. Will have to do something about the "barnacles" on the inside walls of the tank next. See pictures below. Right now, the tank is better than 3/4 full. I'll wait until I have less fuel left.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks