• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Josh

Cranked the fuel way up. Can now hover around 1200ish on a good hard pull. Doesnt stall out in second anymore when ya let the clutch out. Changed the belts, changed fuel filters. And put about 150 miles on her.

Clay James

I flushed my cooling system and replaced all the hoses, belts and the cracked oil cooler cover. I also converted the primary fuel filter to spin on. No leaks :jumpin:

Gastrap

Installed a brand new radiator, hoses & thermostat, H4 headlights, and a bar buoy drink holder8) Changed oil & filters & checked tire pressure & changed belts.
Took her to the shooting range today & then checked out my selectro lockout hub function for the first time.

Last edited:

DieselBob

Started mine for the first time in a couple of weeks. Started as soon as I pushed the button. :-D Needed to take some pictures for the insurance renewal, this can't be good. :roll:

scoutmanadam

installed a generic ignition switch interrupting the power wire to the push button. installed a donaldson muffler to make it a little more neighbor friendly. and replaced the wiring to my heater blower motor switch.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
This week? Not much at all.

I got my bottle jack out to use on my samurai from the deuce.

The five ton got moved to show it to a prospect buyer.

I drove the M211 50 feet and blew a brake line. the one from the master cylinder to the brake light switch. Made a new line and fixed it, went another foot and blew the line from the switch to the air pak. Decided I was not driving it that day. Fate was giving me a message, stay parked !

Katahdin

Took a fender off so I could patch a rust hole and repaint the entire fender. This will be my first attempt at welding a patch so I was practicing with a Mig welder on scrap metal last night.

Attachments

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Finished my brake/wheel seals/tire job. Changed fuel filters. Filled the fuel tank for an ungodly amount of cash...

Note to self: start looking for a WMO supply and build a filtering setup.

ryker725

I went to start it last week and nada.. Batts were dead.. Could not get them to hold a charge enough to start it so I called a buddy of mine with an auto repair shop and was trying to find something to fit in the battery box at a telatively cheap price. Interstate refurbs would have required that I modify the box and re-do some cables. I found a guy that sold the square military batteries (US 6TMF) so I bought a pair from him. Had to fill with acid and trickle charge before use but they work great..

Other than that I got the new blinkers in from Eric's so I put them on the truck and wired them up. After that I drove it around my property......

Munk

recovered 2 chevy pickups, 1 ford pickup and a explorer. the explorer fell off the minimal maint. road into a creek, and the others were used as anchors for me after i got them able to move.

mark salanco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Installed a pyro and boost gauge..pyro not working :(aua turned up the fuel a little bit, put new battery terminals on and bought two 395/85 r20 tires for the front. one front tire has a big cut in the sidewall, not good ho, and bought a new hemmtt wheel to from Keven Coosa 4X4..now i will have a mounted spare..yay me

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks