• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
First time ever putting one of these puppies on.
Yep, we all have been there, it is on inside out. I have a new tan cover on a truck, I believe the NSN and part number are on the inside forward panel. As Valance stated, the vents need to extend out to protect from rain. The Operators manual instructs to write "FRONT" in chalk on the front panel when folding it.
Also McMaster& Carr carries super rope on the spool, you'll need a 50" spool to do the truck. Look up EPDM cord.

Another Ahab

First time ever putting one of these puppies on.
Yep, we all have been there, it is on inside out. I have a new tan cover on a truck, I believe the NSN and part number are on the inside forward panel. As Valance stated, the vents need to extend out to protect from rain. The Operators manual instructs to write "FRONT" in chalk on the front panel when folding it.
Of course, it would be nice if the manufacturer simply labelled the "Front".

But for some reason that is typically asking too much.

Sometimes, it's likely to drive a body to drink.

Rmtaunton

Had to rescue the jeep with a busted knuckle deuce was only thing that could get to it raised the front off the ground used an arrow target as a buffer and short strapped it to pintle pulled it about three miles down logging road and back to camp . Bubbles went close but only for backupIMG_0915.jpgIMG_0919.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another Ahab

Had to rescue the jeep with a busted knuckle deuce was only thing that could get to it raised the front off the ground used an arrow target as a buffer and short strapped it to pintle pulled it about three miles down logging road and back to camp .
From the looks of it, that jeep had been BURIED. :driver::jumpin:

texas30cal

I got the evap unit installed and wired a few days ago, along with the 12v reducer. Yesterday evening and today I pulled the radiator and built my ac compressor brackets. I did cheat a bit by borrowing the brackets off of my 71 Chevy as a starting point. I got it all worked out with the belt on, running nice and straight, I also left one original length belt running the alternator and only ran one belt over the compressor. No slipping!! Then put the radiator back in and had to deal with the upper radiator support and the RH headlight panel brace that were trying occupy the same space as the compressor. I'm going to try to upload pics but if signal is too bad I'll have to do it in am from town.

18operator

Got my cover turned around the correct way. Now it makes sense that the zippers go on the inside. I must've dropped my brain in the mud somewhere a few miles back. Just waiting on the super rope from the parts place.

Another Ahab

Got my cover turned around the correct way. Now it makes sense that the zippers go on the inside. I must've dropped my brain in the mud somewhere a few miles back. Just waiting on the super rope from the parts place.
That's not it at all.

It would just help a WHOLE lot if manufacturers took the simple step of a plain label. Like, how tough is that?

It's rare, though.

fowlhillbilly

I've had my Deuce for 5 years now and I've barely done anything with it. It has set on my farm and last year when I started it it ran away. So a few weeks ago I finally got off my butt and started the process of getting up to my house. Had to dump the fuel, change the oil, fix the injector pump which was only $300 and got it hauled from Southeast Ohio to northeast Ohio. Still need to replace front boots and a class 2 leak on an axle. But, we are back in the fight.

I don't know how many have taken off the injector pump but, the oil line that runs from the block will make you cuss! My mechanic broke it and we came up with an off the shelf fix. Instead of one line we made two. So the next poor soul never has to take the line out of the block.

Fowlhillbilly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Added a keyed battery cutoff switch. I mounted it to the battery box for now. I may change that later.

View attachment 687067View attachment 687068
It appears your key is conveniently clipped/tied right there next to the cut-off.
Doesn't the kind of defeat the whole "LOCK IT UP" premise of installing a security device?

Just askin'.

Carry on.

Another Ahab

I've had my Deuce for 5 years now and I've barely done anything with it. It has set on my farm and last year when I started it it ran away. So a few weeks ago I finally got off my butt and started the process of getting up to my house.
That's a fine rig.

I like your portable "garage" too. Where'd you get the awning?

kml9705

It appears your key is conveniently clipped/tied right there next to the cut-off.
Doesn't the kind of defeat the whole "LOCK IT UP" premise of installing a security device?

Just askin'.

Carry on.
The clip unscrews. Just a little safety on the key in case the key pops out while driving over rough terrain. First time using this setup, although it looks great, not sure how it will hold up and since the key is outside the cab I want to be sure it doesn't go anywhere unexpectedly while driving. I probably don't need it but I like to be sure.

20170628_130806.jpg

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The clip unscrews. Just a little safety on the key in case the key pops out while driving over rough terrain. First time using this setup, although it looks great, not sure how it will hold up and since the key is outside the cab I want to be sure it doesn't go anywhere unexpectedly while driving. I probably don't need it but I like to be sure.

View attachment 687071
Now i get the picture. Good thinkin', soldier!

You get a weekend pass for that one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks