• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

kml9705

Do you have fuse or a circuit breaker? I'm thinking there should be some DIN rail stuff, but only now starting to look.

I do have some 24vdc DIN mount relays if you get sophisticated.

I have a 24v to 12v converter going to a fuse panel under the drivers seat.

20170727_120950.jpg

I posted up the beginning of the install a page or two back.

zanther

I took the Deuce for a drive, towing my m116A3 trailer to pickup a rototiller from a friend. Had two "fun" things happen on the trip and now have a word of warning for late Model Air Force deuces.

Long story short, I developed a leak in the main frame line running back to my brakes for the rear axles. I know I have a dual-circuit system, and I've seen the warning lamp come on so I know that's good. Problem is that I lost all brake power. I haven't had a chance to dig in yet, but either I've been running single circuit and didn't know it (highly likely as this is the only Deuce I've driven) or something like the proportioning valve set isn't working well. I wasn't far from home so I limped home at 10 mph and used a combination of down shifting and slight hand brake usage to stop. Was it totally safe? no. Did I get home without seriously endangering anyone? yes.

What I do know: The idiot light on the dash didn't come on even after I lost all brake power. I'll dig the TM out next week when I start the teardown, I'm going to replace most of the brake lines as a precaution now, and see if it's got testing procedures the idiot light and dual circuit.

Second problem of the day: Not long after the brake issue, my truck started dieing suddenly. my first thought is air leaking into the fuel system as I can see bubbles in the final line from Filter 3 to HH. After a lot of fiddling around and a short tow by my wife, I figured out the problem.. Fuel gauge went bad. It was showing 1/2 tank and really I was running on fumes!

I'll get some photos up soon of the brake job.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
oh yeah I'll put it on my "build" thread, just wanted to remind folk that idiots lights aren't foolproof... I think there's a pun there..
The brake light on the dash in to indicate the parking brake is engaged. Same light on the M35A3. It does not indicate brake system failure (low brake fluid reservoir).

Another Ahab

The brake light on the dash in to indicate the parking brake is engaged. Same light on the M35A3. It does not indicate brake system failure (low brake fluid reservoir).
The indicator for Low Brake Fluid is

- The application of the brake pedal followed immediately by NO change in velocity.
It's not a very helpful indicator, but it is unmistakable. :naner::mrgreen:

zanther

Hey Scar, don't feel bad, I wonder if it ever actually works, even if the documentation says it's supposed to. I'll move this discussion to my thread to not bloat this one more. Looks like it's based on a ground out on loss of pressure to illuminate, so maybe my switches on back of airpacks are stuck open. Referencing 3-22.a.6 of SMARPI and it mentioning to remove wire to parking brake switch.

Future updates on my thread: https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?157604-The-Centipede-aka-my-new-1988-m35a2c/page6

nchittendon

Took a 120 mile one way trip to go camping. I'm slowly converting my M105 to a camper for my boys and I. Truck ran great! Camper is working out really well. Found some local spots to take some pics.

20170803_203103.jpg20170804_115231.jpg20170804_115339.jpg20170804_115518.jpg

Another Ahab

Took a 120 mile one way trip to go camping. I'm slowly converting my M105 to a camper for my boys and I. Truck ran great! Camper is working out really well. Found some local spots to take some pics.

View attachment 694281
The truck looks great. [thumbzup]

That's some nice stone work in that abandoned building (nice mural too).

Do you have any idea what that building was used for?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks