• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

jbayer

Oil is electric. Air is hard line. Just look under the dash. Or look at the TM.
Oil pegging = open circuit.
Stuck in the middle does not ever move, even with truck off for days? Does the the buzzer keep buzzing, or doe s the buzzer shut off?

Last edited:

Caseymikl

Oil is electric. Air is hard line. Just look under the dash. Or look at the TM.
Oil pegging = open circuit.
Stuck in the middle does not ever move, even with truck off for days? Does the the buzzer keep buzzing, or doe s the buzzer shut off?
Buzzer shuts off and compressor shuts off as well. I need to trace the oil pressure line down to make sure working properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

winfred

have been readying it for the trip to the rally at camp shelby next weekend and my alternator took a dump, verified voltage at the exciter wire so it's boned, unless i can pull a 21si 24v delco outta my asscrack this week in time to build the bracket needed to mount it in the stockers hole guess i'm missing it.
got lotsa useful things done like coolant flush and new hoses, oil change, got ac compressor mounted and new belts installed while installing new radiator, new filter on compressor and hose to connect it to the airbox.
did a little mod to the mushroom cap to eliminate the annoying clamp
IMG_5667.jpgIMG_5668.jpgIMG_5669.jpg

rustystud

Changed the oil and filters today. Really glad I have the "FUMOTO" quick drain valves installed. Makes it so much easier and no mess.

002.jpg 003.jpg I put a hole in the top of the filters and then wait a awhile for the oil to drain out. That way there is almost no oil to drain all over the engine. Then I open the oil pan drain valves. Some might notice no oil being drained out in the picture. That's because I didn't think to take pictures until all the oil was drained. I could "stage" the punching the holes in the filters picture, but I wasn't about to put back the used oil and then drain it out again just for a photo op !
I went with "Delo 400" synthetic this time. I usually go with the "full heavy duty synthetic oil" on sale at the time. I also like "Rotella T6" but it doesn't go on sale much around here.

For those thinking of going to the FUMOTO quick drain valves the part number is "T-208" . Standard valve with 7/8"-18 UNF threads . Their around $40.00 each last time I looked.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I put one of them on my boat engine. Laying in the bilge of a tight engine compartment upside down was no fun getting the pan plug out. Your not worried about something knocking it off. I have seen some strange things happen on the trails. Remember Oddball knock off the drain plug on his fuel tank and was leaking fuel everywhere. Another friend was fording and rolled a boulder from the front to the back of his truck. I got tired of breaking stuff every time I go off road.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DSCF1901.jpg It took about 2 weeks but I got all the service work done, hooked up the camper, and slapped another WD40 paint job on. I'll leave for the Petaluma Gathering early Monday morning. It's 366mi. each way at 48 to 50 mph. but I love it. Will take lots of pics and post them when I return Sunday.

Last edited:

ACAllen94

97A464CA-FCA2-418F-A7B9-86CF974BA9C1.jpgDid some pre-roadtrip service and woke the truck up from its 20 year slumber. Runs and drives great! Driving it home about 100 miles in two weeks.

rustystud

What do you plug the holes with?
I couldn't tell if you where joking or not. At work we had to be fast doing oil changes especially when performing "inspections" , and the fastest and cleanest way to dump oil out of a filter is to punch a hole in the bottom or in this case the top of the filters. I did replace them with new WIX 51458 filters.

rustystud

I put one of them on my boat engine. Laying in the bilge of a tight engine compartment upside down was no fun getting the pan plug out. Your not worried about something knocking it off. I have seen some strange things happen on the trails. Remember Oddball knock off the drain plug on his fuel tank and was leaking fuel everywhere. Another friend was fording and rolled a boulder from the front to the back of his truck. I got tired of breaking stuff every time I go off road.
I'm not to concerned about knocking off these drain valves since their above the front axle. Now if I lose the front axle then I might worry, but if I do happen to lose the front axle then I believe I have more important concerns to worry about !
The fuel tanks are a totally different story. They hang out there with no armor and are the lowest spot on the truck short of the differential bottom housing. I would never install a drain valve there. I have installed "Allen" socket brass drain plugs on both tanks instead of the steel ones which rust horribly ! But they can not get knocked off.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes they are behind / above the front axle when you are going forward. That's ok if you never have to back up when off road. I know you are building a bullet proof off road truck but trust me if it can go wrong off road it will. I would have never believed in my M816 that I could hit a soft wet hole and sink the front end up to the windshield. The motor stayed running trying to get the truck out and the road draft tube was in thick sandy /muddy water. The pressure built up in the crank case and blew out the oil dip stick. Engine filled with sandy water and when I took the oil filter apart it had sand on both sides of the element. I have plenty of stories of everything goes wrong when off road. This is why I got the 915A2 and 373 trailer and stay on the road plus selling everything else.

Last edited:

ACAllen94

Good straight bumper with good paper clips. Post some more pics when you get her home.
Thanks! This truck has got a pretty believable 2400 miles and 100 hours since major overhaul. Last driven by the Marine Corps in 2003. I’ll get some more pictures on here when I get back from work.

Caseymikl

I have to get mine on the street so I can take it to work. My m35a2 used to be owned by the police department I now work for. Used to be one of their high water vehicles. We now have 2 mraps. I want to drive the deuce to work during hurricane season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wolfgang the Gray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks! This truck has got a pretty believable 2400 miles and 100 hours since major overhaul. Last driven by the Marine Corps in 2003. I’ll get some more pictures on here when I get back from work.
Welcome to the family. Is was where you are in Jun 2016. So much excitement when I brought my Deuce home. Still love opening the door to see it sitting there. I dreamt of having a Deuce since 1996 & it sometimes seems like a dream that I finally reached my goal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks