• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

RangerDave

NAPA was holding a 75%off all of their NAPA Gold filters - So I stocked up for this year, and next.... I was also able to get a complete primary filter/water separator with mounting bracket for the &5% off too!!!

91W350

I braved the Wal Mart parking lot and held my own, no new damage to the deuce or cars on the lot. I jokingly asked the guy in the tire service bay if he could balance my tires and wheels in the next 20 minutes. He said "You gotta be kidding" I set him at ease with a "Yes I am"

I pulled six new tires for my deuce, but did not get them on the deuce yet.

I pulled a 105 into a buddy's trucking lot, needing the lug nut broke loose. The shop guys left before I got there and I had the back up a M105 with a deuce lesson again, about 100 yards. Made it first shot, but it was not pretty.

I put spare filter gaskets, primary, secondary and oil filters in a large mechanic's bag and looked for a good way to secure them in the area under the passenger's seat. I think I want an eye bolt and caribiner.

The transfer case has been hard to get into low gear, it shifts easy enough, but the artic boot bunches up under it and kicks it out of gear. Rolling it around so the seam and bulk of the material was on the passenger's side worked. Now how to keep it there....

SoylentGreen

Replaced the alternator and compressor belts
Replaced the radiator.
Ordered a new fuel nozzle for the manifold heater.
Lubed all the front wheel/steering stuff.
Bought an M72 Law tube to hang off the bumper at MV shows.

RGS20inophir

#1 Popped a couple of dents out of the OBE Box
#2 Took the top off because it was so darn hot outside (90*F on Sunday)
#3 Pressure washed the outside
#4 Filled it up with a little diesel
#5 Drove it out to the local 4x4 park and took a couple photos in the canyon
#6 Filtered some WMO down to 5 microns with my home made chevy pump
#7 Cussed at the home made pump as the motor I bought is NO WHERE near big enough
#8 Drove it to the store to pick up stuff for a BBQ

jbingvtx

I was replacing the steering knuckle boots until the weather chased me indoors. The TM doesn't indicate how much cursing is involved in this project. One side done and one still waiting for me to cuss it into submission.

gunboy1656

Well for me I went and did a thorough PMCS on the deuce. Not real bad. little low on the brake fluid, oil down just a little those will be replaced later this week in preparation for my trip across Ohio.

But my truck did this to me....

Attachments

hdmax

My kids made me go bold! But I can see how the deuce could do it to a man.:razz: Just kidding!
I have had many cuts working on MV's, looks like it smarts a little.
Well for me I went and did a thorough PMCS on the deuce. Not real bad. little low on the brake fluid, oil down just a little those will be replaced later this week in preparation for my trip across Ohio.

But my truck did this to me....

mrsuperstition

I have been away from home and the Deuces all week -
the only excitement the Deuces saw was the 3 kids having a sleep over on the new queen size bed I installed earlier in the m35a2.. They played games and watched a movie on the 32".
Why am I getting the feeling that my Deuce is beccoming a ClubHouse ? ? Good Stuff

Last edited:

91W350

My M1008 scaled at 8220 today, myself, some tools, some liquids, two white shepherds and 6 deuce tires and wheels on board. I changed out the two odd ball tires on the rear axle, an old Armstrong "Rhino" and another old Denman. They were hard, well seasoned! I was going to swap out some of the Titans, but decided to wait until closer to snowfall next year. It has ten Titans on the ground now and a new one in the spare rack. Six of the ten are new or very close to it.

Bill W

Just had mine out for a parade and will now get ready to finish installing a small flashing yellow caution light over my temp gauge set to trip at 210° [thumbzup]

SpecialK

Swapped out my LDS turbo with a C turbo(I know I lost power, but the whistle is worth it!) Replaced my oil filters with spin-on's. Changed an axle seal. Pulled off the canvas and bows... but most importantly... DROVE IT!!!

phil2968

Moved the M109 and the 2 M35's over behind a friends house on Saturday. County said they must be moved by yesterday. Now to rent 2500 sf of shop space. This hobby is gettin' expensive! The shop will be a better place to build a four door anyway.

bsorcs

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1. Been wondering since day one why the grill frame wiggled when getting up to open the hood. Turns out the bolt holding the left 'strut' to the frame was missing, and the right-side bolt was about to fall out. Ended up replacing them [1/2-20 x 1.25] and the ?1/4 -24 x 1 3/4s? that hold the grill to the frame as well. Rattle canned the grill/frame/bolts.
2. Re-located the bridge plate to where it belongs...new bolts there, too...5/16-24 x 1.75]
3. Went to AZ Motor Vehicle to fix the title and registration. The pinhead who did the [un-necessary] level-1 inspection dropped a VIN digit and the state was thinking I had no insurance. Pointed out to the pinhead his earlier error...no visible response. All better now.
4. Picked up 6 gallons of Rotella on sale...oil change on the way. Leaning toward spin ons.
5. New super ropes all around.
6. De-greased in the general vicinity of the IP; trying to isolate drippage.
7. Pulled/cleaned/painted the brake and throttle return springs; tried to find replacements locally...no luck.
8. Aired up as needed and drove it [also aired up my wifes bike tires].

RGS20inophir

I have another thing to add to the list...
#9 Removed the top, front, and door on the expanded metal cage. The sides are proving to be a ROYAL PITA. They weigh a TON and with no overhead shop crane or backhoe... removing the interlocking sides is likely going to be a 2-4 man process. Removal of the first top section was also... interesting.... as someone welded a brace from the top to the first upright because that side lacked a door and it is obvious that the entire assembly was suffering structural integrity issues because of it. If I ever have to re-install the cage I will have to go through and weld / fix a few spots... not to mention modify that design.... whoever decided that slots with interlocking pins was the way to go needs to have their heads examined.:cookoo:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks