• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

SMOKEWAGON66

Smokewagon, your truck looks great. I like the rear wheels painted like they are. I have to say, I think 24087 is the best color for the M35s.
Thanks 319. Im going to paint the front rims as well soon, but I didnt have the energy to bust the rims down this weekend. As for the paint, it does look good, but I must confess, its not 24087...I wish it was though lol. Its Behr premium from home depot matched of a part I had that was the color I wanted. Its very close to the real deal, but if you saw it in person, you can tell the difference. Im not the best painter out there and theres some spots that are questionable, but I will be touching up when it stops raining. If I ever win the lottery though, Ill have a professional paint it with real 24087 so I dont have to deal with all the nasty prep work lol.

SteveKuhn

"... if you saw it in person, you can tell the difference..."

Granted, photos on a computer aren't good measures of color matches but your truck looks very nice. One of the ways Art likes to torture me is to pull out NOS parts and ask me which color number they are. He has a bunch of stuff that's NOS 24087 but there are a number of different shades, even allowing for aging. Betcha you're within the limits of that variation.

Steve

caliber1

I moved it so I could mow the effin grass again. Oh and installed my locking door handle, again.:grin:

Smokewagon, your truck looks awesome brother!!Now I'm not sure I want to go black on my rims or not????

SMOKEWAGON66

Smoke, did you notch the header of your garage to fit the truck ?
mad, actually I did not. The header over that door was notched by the previous owner of the house. He had an old John Deere tractor he liked to keep in the garage. It does come in handy though because I think the steering wheel squeezes in with about an inch or so between it and that notch so...worked out perfect for me, especially since the garage is 35 feet deep, the deuce fots perfectly in there.

RECONJON

Hello All!

It hasn't been easy...With lots of evenings and sunday afternoons. I have given "Patricia" A fresh coat of paint. I addressed what few rust spots I had and sanded the whole truck down to a clean paintable surface. I primmed all areas that were bare shiny metal and the finish is better than expected. I am not totally done here, the beds interior and a few spots on the headboard have to be finished and that has started. But due to my wedding tomorrow I could be a few days before I am complete. I got a lot of flak doing all I did with the wedding so close, and said my priorities were wacked. I told her in order to drive the Wedding Party onto the golf corse tomorrow, we needed to freshen up a bit. So here is a preview. I will say, working on the truck can be quite inebriating. Good clean fun.

Attachments

Last edited:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello All!

It hasn't been easy...With lots of evenings and sunday afternoons. I have given "Patricia" A fresh coat of paint.

Patricia is your truck, right?

Truck looks good, your wedding party should be thrilled to ride to the golf course in it.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
UH... I ran it out of fuel :( Dang LYING fuel guage :shock:

I had her idling for about 2 hours while I chased various vibrations and rattles so I could snug loose bolts and ding sheetmetal to dampen vibrations.

She ran just fine and I gave her some revs before shut-down to clear the exhaust of any wet-stacking. Let her cool, and pulled the kill-cable.

Half an hour later, I went to restart and nuttin'!!! She cranked strong, and no other problems so I looked in the fuel tank..... :doh: Yup... about an inch of fuel in the bottom. :deadhorse:

Thank God for Gerry Cans [thumbzup] Gonna stop at the "fuel depot" while running other errands today.

(Sometimes, my former blond hair color reveals itself.)

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
UH... I ran it out of fuel :( Dang LYING fuel guage :shock:

I had her idling for about 2 hours while I chased various vibrations and rattles so I could snug loose bolts and ding sheetmetal to dampen vibrations.

She ran just fine and I gave her some revs before shut-down to clear the exhaust of any wet-stacking. Let her cool, and pulled the kill-cable.

Half an hour later, I went to restart and nuttin'!!! She cranked strong, and no other problems so I looked in the fuel tank..... :doh: Yup... about an inch of fuel in the bottom. :deadhorse:

Thank God for Gerry Cans [thumbzup] Gonna stop at the "fuel depot" while running other errands today.

(Sometimes, my former blond hair color reveals itself.)
Well, I brought back 20 gallons of fuel this afternoon.

After pouring the first two Gerry Cans into the Deuce, I jumped into the cab, let the in-tank pump run for about 15 seconds, and then hit the starter button..... FIRE IN THE HOLE ! ! ! I doubt that she turned the crankshaft more than one revolution before she was making horsepower out of that fuel!!!

The best news is that my "rattle prevention" efforts indeed paid off. Everything is TIGHT and relatively "quiet".

It amazes me how these trucks seem to exist just itching to work!!!

:beer:

hangfire

Hello to all, This is my first post and I will catch up two weekend activities in one.

Last week end I purchased my first Deuce from WelderSam and Drove it home 280 miles.

This weekend I fixed the horn, installed the spin on oil filter kit Sam included, 5 1/2 gallons of fresh Rotella, 4 tubes of grease, replaced the fuel gauge, new canvas boots on the Shifter and Transfer case handles, installed the PTO and tested the winch operation, replaced the 8 reflectors on the cargo bed, learned how to install the cargo cover and the most important thing took the WIFE for a spin in the pasture. One last thing, started a list for next weekend.

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello to all, This is my first post and I will catch up two weekend activities in one.

Last week end I purchased my first Deuce from WelderSam and Drove it home 280 miles.

This weekend I fixed the horn, installed the spin on oil filter kit Sam included, 5 1/2 gallons of fresh Rotella, 4 tubes of grease, replaced the fuel gauge, new canvas boots on the Shifter and Transfer case handles, installed the PTO and tested the winch operation, replaced the 8 reflectors on the cargo bed, learned how to install the cargo cover and the most important thing took the WIFE for a spin in the pasture. One last thing, started a list for next weekend.
Welcome to the Steel Soldiers!

One thing you will always find on the site is we love pictures, especially those that show new trucks and/or recent projects.

Be sure to show off your new truck so we can all admire it and the work you have done.

... and Welcome to the site.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks