• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

SMOKEWAGON66

Yesterday, I got to show my truck off for the first time. It was just a small car show they put on at my work for the employees on the annual family day. This year was the 15th anniversary of the first flight of our jets so they let us bring our muscle cars, antiques, hot rods etc. and park them on the flightline, with one of our jets as a back drop. They took some good pics of the whole group, and some individual pics with the jet..(an F-22 Raptor). So in a week or two, once the PA office reviews and releases the pictures, I will definitely post them here.
Heres the pics I got. Not the greates resolution, since the pics were such a huge file, I had to shrink them down. Anyhow, Im there on the left, and the Bobber on the right belongs to Titanium Soldier here on SS.

Attachments

Heath_h49008

Fixed the last crushed fuel line, tracked down the source of my turn signal issues, and De-greased the engine to be able to verify it was no longer leaking ANYTHING.

mark salanco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I love the JT spin on filters. I did all
Of mine at the same time, fuel and oil filters. I've had them on for about 2 years and not one leak or any problems out of them.. Excellent upgrade !!

Chuck76

Fired her up for the first time in sevral weeks ( off and on HH install ). Adjusted the brakes...they need to be bled now, But good enough to drive. Made a 40 mile round trip to work and back with 0 problems!

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did both rear pinion seals on the rear axles and drained and put in new gear lube, put in a new windshield, changed the air line to the air shift lever since it was leaking and checked and topped off the trans transfer case and front axle. Then after that decided to give it a quick wash since Im going to do a static display tomorrow for toys for tots. Did have a buddy giving me a hand so that helped make quick work of things.

rronning84

Happened to find a new Class 5 receiver hitch the matched up perfectly with the trucks frame rails so I snagged it and mounted it up 5/8" shanks grade 8 bolts. Total investment is $150. Need about an 8" drop hitch though.

Attachments

jwentz57

Started out doing the creating knuckle boots .but ended up with just getting one done. while doing that decided to do the wheel seal .and that turned in to replacing the wheel bearings.so a trip to NAPA for bearings.just want to make it the right way that I don't have any problems on the road.

Lindsaym151

New top and side board in stall

Got a bunch of parts from Vinnie, in Ocala. Sorted it all out, went to Lowes and got wood for side and head boards.
Put it all together in 12 hrs!!!!

Attachments

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I finally got around to mounting a 308 gallon fuel tank in the back of the A3. I bolted with oversize washers and double nutted the bolts through the bottom. Grade # 8. I mounted the fuel pump on the back and bolted it the same way. I still have to plumb it with a 3 way ball valve for the direction of the fluid going in and out. I still have to paint the tank, but thats the easy part.

I then installed the aluminum bows and matching camo cover. This is my new ATF, UMO, Mineral oil pick up vehicle. The 308 gallon tank is 4 times bigger than my current transfer tank so I will make less trips. :driver:

EDIT, I found the TM for the fuel separator, just attached for anyone who could use it.

I took everything out of the truck bed and started over. The fuel tank was way to long and made to hold a 250Kw generator on top. The actual tank was only 2/3rd of the length. I did not like the fact that I had no room so I cut the 1/3rd off the tank frame and I had only 1/8th" room on each side to slide the now modified fuel tank into place up against the back of the bed. When I slid the fuel separator back 1' from the tank I had an extra 5'10" of new usable bed/floor space.

I also plumbed in the Raycor triple fuel filter system. I found one that requires 24v for the heater, warm oil flows easier than cold. This project I started with Mike around noon and just finished at 10:00Pm. Been a long day. Will post the new set up pictures tomorrow.

Attachments

Last edited:

Danger Ranger

After seeing all the trucks with snorkels at Aberdeen this year I had to have one, so after I got all the stuff together I built one, I think it looks ok. Now to get a bullet muffler!
I think it looks great misterbill. I have been waiting to see one done so nicely. Just how I would do it. Well done.

misterbill64

Being somewhat on the large size ( OK extra large ) and having a heck of a time climbing into the bed of the deuce, I decided to build a set of folding tailgate steps. 3/16 steel strap and a welder
They work great for me!:jumpin:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks