• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

randini

Hey Darwin T, why are your headlights lower, on the second Deuce? Did you move them, came that way? Is it just old age, and all of our trucks will look like that?

Darwin T

it came that way, on the the M35a2 the lights are mounted on a rectangleular plate that bolts to the truck with rubber shocks. the M109a3 the rubber shocks are on the light housing and bolt directly to the truck. on the my M35a2 all you have to do is undo the bolts and rotate it 180 degrees and the lights will be on top, but i have to many other things i want to do to my trucks. that was discussed yesterday though. the picture is like the one on the M109a3 and the light bolts in the top hole and the blackout light goes in the bottom. the other type of panel has a figure 8 cutout in it and a second peice that bolts to it. but i can't find a pictur of it yet.

Attachments

steelandcanvas

Hoist Cable Size

Just picked up one of those hoists last weekend, can you tell me the cable diam. and length? mine was missing.
PM gamagoat1 for an answer. I borrowed his when I did my tranny swap. I don't recall the diameter, maybe 5/16", but the cable seemed to be about 6-8' long. He'll give you the correct specs.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Darwin T, why are your headlights lower, on the second Deuce? Did you move them, came that way? Is it just old age, and all of our trucks will look like that?
I read somewhere that the early dueces without winches had the low headlights, whereas the winch trucks had the high headlights.

Can anyone confirm or disprove that????

Thanks

BlueToes

I got my deuce home without much going wrong. It was only 4 miles in all. Did a fluids check and all was good. Throttle return spring broke after first mile. Tried some zip-ties, but spring quickly stretched right next to that spot. Tied small rope to pedal and got it done. Parked her right next to my "fuel patch".

Attachments

Jimma

Oddshot drove over from Jasper and with his help we worked on my recently bobed 68 Kaiser Jeep. We changed out the rear wiring harness with a brand new one, fixed a tail light that was not working correctly, installed new parking brake pads and shoes, fixed an under the dash air leak by adjusting a regulator valve to a higher pressure and flipped the rear hubs. We discovered it had less than perfect rear axle bearings so I am in the order of ordering new ones and will install them when they arrive.

BlueToes

First mud! Yanked two school buses out of captivity, one on its way to a new home. Was a good time and everything worked just fine. Got to spin the tires and even busted my big ole tow line.

Attachments

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
First mud! Yanked two school buses out of captivity, one on its way to a new home. Was a good time and everything worked just fine. Got to spin the tires and even busted my big ole tow line.

[thumbzup] There ain't nuttin' sweeter than seein' a Deuce "doin' what comes naturally" :!:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht42_fWA0bM[/media]

This post is dedicated to all those 18-year-old, 120 Lb. Kids that were drafted into service to make these trucks do exactly THAT:

"doin' what comes naturally"
:grd:

ClintA

I built a headace rack so I can haul wood and fince post's. I moved the seats where the troops sat into wood racks. I also hung old HI- LiFT JACKS down inbetween the dules to keep the rocks out. Checked all the oil in every thing that hold oil. I changed the oil in the tras case. And fixed the spair tire, (it had rust on the spit rim and years of mud, the tire has never been on the ground) . I have hade it a little over a week.

shenkmen

Checked the fluids, filled the tank full of fuel, loaded the bed with camping gear and took my son, nephew and brother camping. No tent needed. Slept in the back.

Mark2X2

Just put in two Wal-Mart 750 cca, 3 year free replacement batteries in tonight, $80.00 ea. The truck always started alright with the government Interstate till one dropped a cell, these new batteries really spin it over fast. First start up since I laid it up in November, popped off quick. And yes I did modify the hold downs, the batteries are secure.

jsthnt@gmail.com

I have done several things since my last post.
First it has been rainning here for days. And Mindy was able to put General Granite in 4wd.
Second i took General Granite to the NVAR for there stop at the Vets home. I think you can see General Granite in the last pic.
Then we put tow skids of pine 4x4's in.
I change the oil and replaced the oil and fuel filters.
I took out the tank that was under the passanger sit. I was able to get the transfercase pto to shut off (the shut off must have been on the firebox).
Still seem to be having power issues, but it has been windy when I have been testing speed. I might have to turn up the fuel.
Then yesterday I was fortunate enough to pull a pickup and boat out of the a muddy parking lot. The guy had the tailer off the truck, and I told him to hook up the boat. He asked if I thought General Granite could pull them both out at once. I had no problems. I did forget to take pics though.​

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks