• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What did you do to your deuce this week?

Hummer Guy

Got the A/C & radio working, still got some work to do in hiding the wires and getting two more hoses for the A/C to run them on the side.

Attachments

DutchmanZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I made a little more progress on my bobber project. I reconnected the glad hands and rear taillight wiring and it all works! I was off work all last week so that’s when the conversion started. Rebuilt the rear brakes while flipping the hubs and rebuilt the parking brake while the bed was off. Still waiting on the rear driveshaft but I was able to verify the air shift works perfectly so it’s currently front wheel drive. 🤣 Let me tell you, you don’t realize how big a 395 is until you have to swap 4 of them from one set of wheels to the other and then put them on the truck.

IMG_5630.jpegIMG_5660.jpeg

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I made a little more progress on my bobber project. I reconnected the glad hands and rear taillight wiring and it all works! I was off work all last week so that’s when the conversion started. Rebuilt the rear brakes while flipping the hubs and rebuilt the parking brake while the bed was off. Still waiting on the rear driveshaft but I was able to verify the air shift works perfectly so it’s currently front wheel drive. 🤣 Let me tell you, you don’t realize how big a 395 is until you have to swap 4 of them from one set of wheels to the other and then put them on the truck.

View attachment 920997View attachment 920998
Lookin Good!

Yessir, hustling a set of 395's will work you just a bit. At my age, I do one then go take a sit down break - then go at it again - sometimes a day later.

DutchmanZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lookin Good!

Yessir, hustling a set of 395's will work you just a bit. At my age, I do one then go take a sit down break - then go at it again - sometimes a day later.
Thanks! I’m loving it so far. Hopefully it drives like I think it will. I did 4 tires in about 3 hours but I had some younger help and a forklift otherwise they would still not be done. I was struggling to stand it up off the floor! They still have the beadlock /runflats but at least the wheels are aluminum. The wheels they were on had the CTIS valve and the tan ones didn’t.

mweidhaas

Wheaty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Learned a good one today about my LDS-465-A1. Ever since I bought this truck it has idled rough and smoked excessively, even at idle. Attempting to adjust the fuel pump did not help. Last night a friend found the manifold flame heater dripping diesel on the hot side of my turbo. Since then I have terminated both the feed and return fuel lines as well as blocked off the high pressure feed line to the fuel aspirator in the intake manifold. Suprise suprise.....no more excessive smoke or rough idling. The manifold flame heater was leaking raw diesel into my intake manifold. With no boost it was draining back into my turbo. When running it was going into the cylinders as a liquid, thus creating a knocking sound. So what sounded like a death rattle turned out to be a minor fix........

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks