• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

classifieds 100 posting rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

gijoe

I think this is a bunch of bs i have been a member on here for quite a while and now that i want to sell a couple m35a3 i can't yet because i don't have 100 post. That is like saying i can't sell you a truck till you buy 100 parts from me first. think about it!

gijoe

rule

There should be some type of exemption for people who have been a member for a certain length of time. Several years all to be enought i would think? how about it?

DonFremont

I've been buying from GL since 04. I became a member of this site in 09 after my brother convinced me to by a Deuce.
I only post if I can't find the answer to a question (which is rare). At the rate I post it will take me 50 years to be able to sell on the classified.
I have a lot of cool stuff from GL. Which I may want to sell some day.
I agree that If you have been a member for awhile, you should get some kind of credit towards using the classifieds.

Don

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sadly, it's the abuse of a few that hurt the masses. Perhaps an approval process could be implemented. Sorry guys, I feel your pain but I can't change the rules. Lets keep this civil and see if we can't get some good input from the admin.

gijoe

I am glad a few people agree, somebody needs to rework the rule isn't a member since 09 enough, i too buy from GL and i have a lot of stuff i would like to sell. like 2 m35a3 still at sparta.

3dAngus

My guess is, from a software/admin point of view, it is easy to implement a change where toggled by a number count, ie. 5 to a 100 to any number X, but difficult to make a change with (1.) a number count AND (2.) length of service in SS.

They would probably have to use Moderators in case of rule change where a member was a member for a long period, where individuals who were members for say, six months, (or whatever length of service was acceptable by Admin), would have to "apply" or make a request for allowance to make a classified article for sale, or trade.

It could be done in software with BOTH, but, it would take some time and expertise and if there isn't already a canned "AND" statement in the module, then lilely won't happen right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks