• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1942 Deuce, BMT, TX/ story on it?

Motorcar

It's in the Edison parking lot next to the hydrant. Try to catch Ashley at the Hooters bar unless she has a floor shift. Morgan is my crew's regular girl :-D

Last edited:

Motorcar

Not one going to the Army motorpool or TXNG unit on College St.? See alot of MVs coming in and out of the Port of Beaumont, truckers stop at the Petro on Walden road, see them there all the time.

Darwin T

i could not find out who owns it. it has been there awhile. it is in a parking lot used by several buildings, however, Entergy (our electric company) has some equipment parked by it so i guess it belong to them or someone who works for them. i did not open the hood or climb on it because i could not find the owner and i don't like people making them selves at home with my trucks. i did open the door and put a note on the drivers seat giving him this web site and told him he could come and check it out, if he wanted to sell it or show it off. here are the pictures i took plus one from google earth.

Attachments

Darwin T

It's in the Edison parking lot next to the hydrant. Try to catch Ashley at the Hooters bar unless she has a floor shift. Morgan is my crew's regular girl :-D
i did not get to make it to Hooter's. just drove up there to get the pictures an drove back. however, i have several time drove my M109a3 or my M35a2 to that Hooters for lunch. one day the girls came out to take pictures in my M35a2, :drool: they all climbed up in the back, but the camera they brought was not working. :cry:

paulfarber

Has some issues, and I wouldn't pay more than $3000 for it (less depending on the motor). Its missing the typical parts and those will add up quick (bed, spare tire carrier, gas tank, front frame horns and bumper). The rear is also missing the pintal, bumpers.

Google earth doesn't update that frequently so its been there a while.

Hunt down the owner and see what he'll take for it.

Darwin T

Hunt down the owner and see what he'll take for it.
i left a note in the drives seat with this web site and info on the thread. i don't know how often he checks on the truck other that a drive by to see if it is still there. so keep an eye on this thread and see if he pops up. next time i get by there i will try asking someone with ENTERGY and see if they know who owns it. i don't any other way to find out. :cry: if anyone has any contacts at ENTERGY TEXAS try there, the trailers around it were from there.

i would like to see it restored to its full glory, a nice piece of history (if only it could talk). :jumpin:

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
OK folks, the mystery is over, it's my deuce. I found the note in the cab. :p

Steve Gomez
Beaumont, TX

Welcome to the site, Steve.

B460FA

Thanks! Glad to be here.

The CCKW is going to become an SCR-399 radio truck.

I also have a Chevy G-7105 1.5 ton that will be an SCR-299 radio truck and a 1945 Willys that will be configured as an AN/VRC-1 forward air control "Rover Joe" jeep.

For fun I have a Cushman 53 Airborne scooter with the M34A hand cart/trailer.

Steve

asgtoolman

Thanks! Glad to be here.

The CCKW is going to become an SCR-399 radio truck.

I also have a Chevy G-7105 1.5 ton that will be an SCR-299 radio truck and a 1945 Willys that will be configured as an AN/VRC-1 forward air control "Rover Joe" jeep.

For fun I have a Cushman 53 Airborne scooter with the M34A hand cart/trailer.

Steve
You certainly seem to be "up and rollin' "; glad to have you in SS--WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG???

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks