• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M917 PTO Disengages under load

crownfire

Having a problem with the PTO disengaging when I put the truck under load. Engages OK, but when I rev the engine to raise the dump or try to raise the bed while moving the truck, the PTO disengages. Any ideas. If so, how did you correct it. I've contacted Chelsea tech support and they're looking into the problem also but they're not real familiar with the Cat 7155 transmission. Thanks for any help.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Would have to agree on checking full ingagement. Got to climb under and give looksea if you have not already done so.

crownfire

OK. Will check for complete engagement. Might worn/damges gears in the PTO cause this? It doesn't make any unusual noise while engaged so I'm hoping its a linkage problem. Thanks.

R Racing

I swore I had mine engage 2 or 3 times to run my winch . But it jumped out and the winch stopped. Thats when I went and pulled up harder and played with the throttle and then I felt it pull out about another 1/2 inch and presto !! It worked without any issues. I will say mine was crazy sticky until I used it several times and would have bet money it was in gear all the way when it wasn't.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you ever find your problem ?
Threads are so much more useful when the OP updates their thread with the fix to help others in the future.

crownfire

Never resolved but the transmission is sitting in the floor now so I'm going to pull the PTO and take a closer look. I'll post my findings.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Please resolve your location in your profile.

Site rules require a state listed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks