• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shocked

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In the morning I will get the gas bottles filled and start cutting it up
Sorry, but this is where I stopped having any empathy for the OP. Since he can't have his way he's going to act like a 2-year-old and break his toys. That'll show us.

As was mentioned earlier, he's been here a year and has less than 10 posts. The complaint about this being too heavily "deuce oriented" means he hasn't bothered looking in the forums to find other areas. I have no doubt that if I had a question about, say, a quad fifty (not exactly your most common item), that I could post it here and get an answer, or at least direction on where else to look, within a couple of hours.

The "instant gratification" mentality of people these days, "I'm here. I want it all, NOW" is growing old.

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do think we can keep the conversation on this civil and constructive. Both sides have a point. There is no need to castigate a member who asks a legitimate question about the policy.

I have been using this site as a resource for a couple of years. As I learned about my M38A1 and my M37 from others on the site, I have tried to keep quiet and not spam up the site. I purposefully did not post gratuitously. I have used the ads as one more tool to learn what parts are available.

I understand that a few have abused the classifieds and there needs to be some rules to keep them viable. On the other hand, I need to locate some parts (WTB ads) for my two trucks and I have parts I have taken off my trucks that I need to pass on to someone else who might need them. For me, this is a tool in my restoration/overhaul, not a substitute for Ebay. I am documenting the work that I do on my rigs and trying to share that in pictures and text with the members. How do you measure intent and contribution to the cause? Someone has set that bar at 100 posts. I think that that is a bit high, but it is not my call. I would suggest that you include PM's and pictures in that number. It all shows activity on behalf of the site.

So, I join the conversations now. And expose myself to the minority of members who might marginalize the newer or less verbose among us. I really want to express my appreciation to those members who go out of their way to mentor and support all of us in the hobby. They represent the best among us. If we are going to be allowed to exist as a hobby, we will have to have stick together and support each other. It starts on boards like this and yep, even in the classifieds.

Keep em Rollin'

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well said. When I read a worthwhile post and do not wish to post any 'ole thing, I click on the "Thanks" button.

Then again, you can't abuse that form of communication too much either. I found out you get a 24 hour penalty for more than 5 "Thanks" in a session!

Rick

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do think we can keep the conversation on this civil and constructive. Both sides have a point. There is no need to castigate a member who asks a legitimate question about the policy.
He didn't "ask a question" about policy he made a statement and that statement was "this is stupid." When you go to someone's home for dinner you don't ask "is this all you got" or tell them "the food sux" Courtesy and politeness go a long way.

The OP could have said he was "disappointed" that there was a requirement for posting to classifieds but he chose to disparage the owner of this site by using the language that he did.

Those of us that come here daily tend to protect what we feel is the best MV site on the interenet. It has nothing to do with "newer or less verbose" members. There are a ton of newer members that appreciate this site for what it is without complaining that they can't have everything. The rules are here so this site remains the quality site that it is and not just a "MV Craig's List." Those that can't handle it have the option to move on. Those that want to complain in an open forum should be prepared to have the site explained to them.

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rules are rules, and we abide by them or go away. I'm also one of those people who doesn't say much unless I can add to the conversation, so I don't have a high post count. But now I have one more!
:jumpin:

Westech

CPL
If one more person brings up this new 100 post rule I am going to put my attack dog in a box and ship him to there house and watch the news. I see that all the jokers crying and jumping up and down screaming have done a couple of constant things:
Did not search why there is a 100 Post rule.
Are not on SS enough to keep on on news and changes.
Do not add ANYTING to this forum.
Just want to better them self for free and bitch about it when they cant.

Here is a Idea... we charge a $100.00 a year membership fee and then set the posts back to 1 for the classifieds, add more mods and police this like a commie state.

I know I get wrapped up in the politics of this site (been a member longer then one of the owners) but i just did not walk in the door and say "this place sucks". If that is the way you feel go some where else. i don't want to hear some non contributing member bitch and cry and clog up the main page with the same post some other noob posted the day before.
I have earned the right to raise a stink. i have worked on this site sense 2004 and have put in some good time.
So do something constructive or shut up i don't want to hear it any more.

Love Westy.

Rant over.

gunboy1656

Here is a Idea... we charge a $100.00 a year membership fee and then set the posts back to 1 for the classifieds, add more mods and police this like a commie state.

How about a modified idea. 10 dollar fee for those who wish to post and ad that don't have "x" number of posts. And free that do have over the number whether it be 5, 10 or 100 posts. Fee to be paid up front, and the money could be used toward designing stuff with the site logo.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How about a modified idea.
How about this idea, I just delete the whiner's posts daily....

Simply put, if you contribute, you'll be rewarded(in many ways).

If you have complaints, send them to Mangus580, he'll get right on them...

m376x6

My User CP at the top when I'm logged in says 1,789 New Posts. I'm more than skeptical at this number. I'll see here in a moment if it goes to 1,790, then I'll have to accept the number. One poster mentioned something about giving more than 5 Thanks gets you suspended for 24 hours, is this true? I have boxes of general M parts I want to get rid of but have grown completely unhappy with Ebay, am I eligible to post classifieds here on SS?

I see where under my avatar it shows 342 for Posts. I don't really understand the difference in numbers, one being 342, and the other 1,800, but then again, it may not be of any real significance.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
M376x6, yes you are eligible! Don't worry about the suspended thing, I think thats just for giving thanks, not using the site.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks