• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shocked

dodgedougak

Steel Soldiers Supporter
:driver:
Just to clarify.....I was not supporting the complaint on the issues. I am talking about maintaining a civil conversation. I think this is a great site, and I have checked out a bunch! Unfortunately, all sites like have to deal with some who whine and some who bully. How you deal with these issues will determine the ultimate success of the site. I'm just asking folks to take the high road, try to play within the rules and treat everyone with respect (until they cross the line and get banned!).

I will say it was frustrating to post an ad one day, then come back the next day and not be able to get to the post an ad function. Took me an hour to find the new 100 post rule. That's a communication thing.

Keep em rollin"

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One poster mentioned something about giving more than 5 Thanks gets you suspended for 24 hours, is this true?
If you use the "Thank" button too often/too many times in one day, it just disappears for a day. You do not get "suspended" or anything like that.

RealCavDog

Well, myself being new, was grateful to access all the valuable information and the ability to at least buy on the classifieds ! Having bought 3 M101A2 w/bows and tarps, an awesome like new M105A2, and shopping hard for A M35A2, THIS SITE ROCKS !

This site answered ALL my waverings between the A2 And A3, multifuel and standard won ! The education on trailers and differences has been priceless, and starting to shop gensets now !

Will try to add photos when I figure out how ?

RealCavDog

HEY ! Not as dumb as I look ! This was a fun run from Ft. Riley, Ks. to Joplin, Mo. ! Thought some close up shots of the hitch may be handy down the road to others !

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes it can.

Sarge29

I understand that we need rules. As for me I just don't have a lot of time to get on the site and do very much looking or posting. My time is limited and between work, family and taking care of the farm I am just strapped for time to get on here. There is tons of good info here and also a good classified section. I am sure with some of the changes mentioned for the classified section it will only get better. The powers that be are doing what they think is best for the site and all concerned. I have a few items for sale and when I get to the 100 post mark I will be putting that stuff on here. I would rather see the old green iron go to someone that will not just butcher it with the hot knife and then send it to the scrap heap.

emr

Its the rules, live with it and keep an open mind and do not be rude please, it does not help... :)

I may have read it wrong, but it sounded yucky, sorry if it was not meant to be,

Also 100 posts goes very very fast If U or anyone else is really into this site and not dumping on us, so really it makes sense, ""hey let me post a bunch of for sale stuff for free on this site and then move on"", Most of us have made decent donations to this site also, Maybe there could be an exception to the 100 if the person wants to anty up 100 bucks , then the 100 posts could be waived, just sayin i am the type that says put up or ,,, well u know, good luck and enjoy the site for awhile and then being an active ember u will have earned the right to post for sales,... Relax and enjoy, Randy out....

Last edited:

coyotegray

Well, myself being new, was grateful to access all the valuable information and the ability to at least buy on the classifieds ! Having bought 3 M101A2 w/bows and tarps, an awesome like new M105A2, and shopping hard for A M35A2, THIS SITE ROCKS !

This site answered ALL my waverings between the A2 And A3, multifuel and standard won ! The education on trailers and differences has been priceless, and starting to shop gensets now !

Will try to add photos when I figure out how ?
Now that's how you do it..!

Now, when RealCavDog goes to sell something and I look back on his posts Ill see he is a straight up guy and not a grumpy old fart. Much more likely to take a chance on dealing with and trusting him...;)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks