• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M146 RV Conversion

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
the 6500 BTU/h unit I have in the M109 box works well (cools it down in 90 degree + weather). If your insulation is better than the fiberglass the military used, you should be fine.

ODDBALL007

the 6500 BTU/h unit I have in the M109 box works well (cools it down in 90 degree + weather). If your insulation is better than the fiberglass the military used, you should be fine.
wow the 15000 btu unit thats being installed in my m109 is over kill i guess, unless i need to deep freeze something

Armada

Hey JD. Yes, the trailers were designed for the deuce. They ride on 9x20 tires. In fact hooked to a 5T the trailer sets kinda low in the arse, but you hardly know it's there. Weight is just over 7K.

Attachments

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey JD. Yes, the trailers were designed for the deuce. They ride on 9x20 tires. In fact hooked to a 5T the trailer sets kinda low in the arse, but you hardly know it's there. Weight is just over 7K.
I've considered the same combination, except using a TOW DOLLY behind a standard Deuce. The only significant drawback to this would be backing up with the double-jointed hitching.

Any other thoughts on this approach?

RAYZER

I've considered the same combination, except using a TOW DOLLY behind a standard Deuce. The only significant drawback to this would be backing up with the double-jointed hitching.

I also thought of this as an option,but the combined weight of the deuce bed and the tow dolly would be between 3-4k lbs(i think),this might slow the rig down a bit,i hope I can get at least 50mph out of her.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Something I've always wondered is the legality of dollies.

I know here in Arizona, you can pull more than one trailer, but the first one has to be a fifth wheel trailer. I think this is true in a lot of other states as well. Is a dolly a trailer? Do the military dollies have lights and brakes? Do they need license plates? Again, I imagine this depends on the state. Food for thought...

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also thought of this as an option,but the combined weight of the deuce bed and the tow dolly would be between 3-4k lbs(i think),this might slow the rig down a bit,i hope I can get at least 50mph out of her.
Ray, I once had an M275A2 (Kenny's old deuce tractor) that I used to haul around an M313 and the it drove down the highway doing 50-54 MPH without a problem. Hills did slow it down, but not too badly. I am sure you'll be fine with the M35A2 conversion to a road tractor. Great job!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks