• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

$3500 M1008s??

andytk5

Just saw some barstow CA trucks that I had in my watchlist close at $3500!! Said engine starts on both but good lord that seems outrageous! Is this just since they are becoming scarce?

I'm looking to get an 1008 and a 1009, get them up to great stock shape and run them on my own biodiesel. I love the idea of these trucks and the mileage, and parts.. Seem like the perfect doomsday trucks to survive with, hehe...

K9Vic

The dealers have found out about these and are running up the prices, plus good quality trucks are getting harder to find. I have seen prices higher then $3500 for what looks liked a excellent condition M1008/M1028. Even with diesel getting over $4 a gallon, people still are buying these trucks.

firecontrol86

We've got a dealer up here that has 1008's and 1009's. I stopped by there one day and asked about them, and he said "We're asking between 4 and 6,000 depending on the truck." I turned around shaking my head and left. Then again he also had an 83 GMC truck he wanted 13k for, and sold it to some guy I saw driving it around.:???:

TCUCV

These are going to turn into a collector of some sort in my opinion . . . if you think about it what would a base model 1 ton cost with only 40K miles on a diesel motor? Atleast $3,500 minimum, I couldn't be happier with mine and I paid more than that. I plan on keeping this truck for a long time to come and will be getting every penny out of it!!!!

Can't beat these trucks, just good ole fun when your behind the wheel

pmramsey

Even if you spent $3500 at auction and then spent another $3500 making one safe, and dependable, M1008s and M1028s are excellent values. Period.

Iceman3005

Find the ones with high miles, over 60,000, has dents, says running condition unknown those usually go for a lot less. I paid around 1000 for each of mine, but I have had to put about 2000 into each of them so far, that includes having them shipped to my house.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought mine from a member here (also good friend). I paid $3500 and am most pleased. A running rust free Oh-8 is worth $3500 every day of the week. For the heck of it I put 2 red tops on adapters and 5 new tires. It never lets me down.

Iceman3005

Here's some pics of one of them, sorry I took these in the winter. As you can see a lot of dents but very little rust. Once I got both of mine I sold all my newer vehicles, best thing I ever did.

Attachments

Boreal21

I saw those Barstow trucks and was a little surprised myself. I've been watching for trucks in the region over the last several months and they seem to go for more like $2,500.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I watch every auction every week.....prices are going up across the board.....a junker deuce sold for over 1300.00 at Redstone today.
As the supply dwindles the price goes up.
A few weeks ago a M1008 sold for more than a M916.....go figure.:cookoo:

pmramsey

People buy what they understand. In the past, there were more people able to use and employ M101 trailers than M105 trailers, thus the price of M101s have usually been higher. There are more people that understand CUCVs than M35s causing the price of CUCVs to be high compared to the M35s. The two 1986, M1008s that sold three weeks ago at Ft Gordon for over $4500 each are excellent examples. Yes, they were "driven" in and did not have bent drive shafts but one could purchased a couple of good A2s for the same money.

sandcobra164

I bought one in excellent condition with only 2100 miles on it for $2500 a year ago. Try that now. The paint, the interior, all of looks as if it sat in a time machine in a cave in Norway. Oh yeah, it did!!! If that thing went to auction now, it'd kill me trying to get it. They're nice trucks and there are probably some nice one's to be had but I'm done fighting the crowd after this one.

p3amea6

I payed too much for my m1008 ,BUT it is in great condition and only 53000 miles ,two new red tops and new tires . It come from the VANG and was loved by some Airman. :mrgreen:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks