• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

$3500 M1008s??

ryan77

I wouldnt pay that much even for a Norway cave truck with a 100 miles on it! These people are nuts!!!:shock:

Attachments

Last edited:

ryan77

It has rust holes in the rockers! Thats a $1,200 blazer to me! Must be the gold bars hidden in the gas tank for that price!!

ryan77

I paid $700.00 for mine of gov deals 2 months ago and it was in about the same condition!!! That guy could have bought a 5 ton and 2 blazers for that price!

wayne pick

Hope a free catscan was included for that kind of money! Was this guy unaware of how to bid? Almost sounds like he was bidding against himself. If thats the case, I feel sorry for him. If not I hope his PUP tent is warm and dry tonite.

cocco78

I just went through my closed watch list for sparta and saw that blazer. Friggin' nuts!!! What a pile of rusty GM junk! Actually all the prices seemed odd for that bunch of trucks. There were a few 08's that went for $2500-$3000 and there was another 09 that went for $3000.

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Price

IMHO, there is a big price gap between the forked/non-running 80K mile beat to **** trucks and clean mostly rust free low mileage trucks. I didn't buy this truck and would never spend that much on one, however I have paid FULL price $5500-$6500 for good NON-RESTORED trucks. Price/cost is not an issue, some people have money and some don't.

Quality is what counts...I am not saying this truck is worth $8500.00 but I am saying that QUAILTY trucks will always bring good prices...and will continue to go up way beyond the run of the mill trucks. If you look at the auctions you can buy trucks for 1K to 2.5K for trucks that need a lot of work, the ones that are nice are 2-3 times that in cost. And this is before restoration.

Last month a M1008 that I was bidding on went for $7500.00 plus 10% buyers fee and 6% sales tax...I didn't win that one!

David

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will note some ODDITIES about that blazer. First off, the batteries. Basically new. Not a big deal, but follow this further.

The exhausts ARE BOTH NEW. Now have you EVER seen them replace the exhaust system on ANY of these trucks?

The speedo is a new one as well. At least it's a six figure speedo, which is not stock.

The seats (can't see the driver bun) look in good shape, including the rear bench. All four tires appear in good shape as well as the spare. IT HAS the spare. Neither of my M1009's had spares.

It looks like both doors were replaced at some point. Yet who ever did the door swap, put the older green painted mirrors back on.

Forked them, yes. Broken, missing parts, absolutely.

There are little hints that this vehicle was 'cared for' by somebody.

Is it worth $8k - $9k? MAYBE. Maybe not. Will it be PAID FOR at that price? Maybe, maybe not.

It will be interesting to see if this particular truck comes up for auction again. Several trucks that sold for really high amounts have the odd habit of not being picked up and then re-auctioned later on...

2310 - Passenger Motor Vehicles at Government Liquidation

I'm pretty sure this M1010 originally sold for around $15k in Feb. It SOLD the second time for $12.5k in MAY... just sayin...

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M1009

I will note some ODDITIES about that blazer. First off, the batteries. Basically new. Not a big deal, but follow this further.

The exhausts ARE BOTH NEW. Now have you EVER seen them replace the exhaust system on ANY of these trucks?

The speedo is a new one as well. At least it's a six figure speedo, which is not stock.

The seats (can't see the driver bun) look in good shape, including the rear bench. All four tires appear in good shape as well as the spare. IT HAS the spare. Neither of my M1009's had spares.

It looks like both doors were replaced at some point. Yet who ever did the door swap, put the older green painted mirrors back on.

Is it worth $8k - $9k? MAYBE. Maybe not. Will it be PAID FOR at that price? Maybe, maybe not.

It will be interesting to see if this particular truck comes up for auction again. Several trucks that sold for really high amounts have the odd habit of not being picked up and then re-auctioned later on...

I'm pretty sure this M1010 originally sold for around $15k in Feb. It SOLD the second time for $12.5k in MAY... just sayin...

Also, it has a solargizer and looks like nice clear tailgate glass. Has some rust the bottom edge of the tailgate also.

David

wayne pick

I just went through my closed watch list for sparta and saw that blazer. Friggin' nuts!!! What a pile of rusty GM junk! Actually all the prices seemed odd for that bunch of trucks. There were a few 08's that went for $2500-$3000 and there was another 09 that went for $3000.
Now coco, Easy with the GM bashing.

toddm

I made sure I previewed all the trucks that I was interested in at Ft McCoy. I had a list of 14 1009's that looked good, out of that 14 I only bid on three of them and eventually got the best one of the three for $3200. The mileage shown on the odometer doesn't mean low mileage, one of the 14 had 4,000 miles on it and when I looked at it , it clearly didn't or had a really rough life. The funny thing is that one sold for way more than what I paid. It really pays to preview. No matter what anyone thinks , I think I made a good purchase and I am happy. Mine is a 1984 with 37,124 miles on it, the only rust it has is in the center of the tailgate. I did the doghead relay mod, a new wiper motor and replaced all 4 tires with non dry rotted ones. One of the tires on the truck was brand new, so I used that one for a spare. It also has a brand new rear driveshaft and the original batteries are still holding up fine. When I previewed the truck I did start it and it ran great. I have a really nice Deuce also and thanks to a very nice wife I now have two MV's.

Attachments

Last edited:

K9Vic

M1009 went for $7500 on GL today, No BS.
$8,151.00 :shock::shock::shock:

Event 10759
Lot 7405
Sparta, WI

Speedo was replaced....:) it has a rust problem.
Not sure if this is allowed, but it is not mine. Just a nice 08 for the money. Wish my kid made better grades....

To answer your question, no it is not allowed to post an ad from CL that is not your own. I would suggest reviewing the site rules.

Now if I still had my 86 M1009 for sale I could list my ad from CL, but since it has been sold there is no add to post as an example.

Last edited by a moderator:

ryan77

Last one i bought from Ft Hood had brand new exhaust and 4,400 miles on it for $1,800!

sandcobra164

I wouldnt pay that much even for a Norway cave truck with a 100 miles on it! These people are nuts!!!:shock:
Since you mentioned a Norway Cave Truck, I figured I'd update. It now has a set of new batteries, about 4559 miles and is running like a top!!! I'd bet you'd bid more than $100 bucks on this old truck. I'd post pics but they look the same as the ones in the NOS USMC M1028 thread. FWIW, I paid $2.500 for that truck, I've been offered up to 4 times that and respectfully declined and drove it home.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks