• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Heavy Lift Helicopters

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yup = SkyCranes have been dropping Fire Retardant on the nearby here, along with a modified DC-10 FireRetardant BOMBER (very impressive airliner conversion) and other fixed and rotary wing aircraft.

Thanks for posting the pic..... What are they lifting around there???

Flyingvan911

A few years ago there was a helo lifting equipment onto the roof of a building at 13th & Grand here in Kansas City. I got some pics and video. As I was driving down the street there was a perfect shot of it hovering between the building in the intersection but I was driving and could not get the shot. I will look for the pics and post a few. I must admit, they aren't MV related.

natem

They are lifting AC units onto the roof at a new plant for Dow. As we left the plant the news crew was arriving. We are taking our grandson to watch and get some pics/video to upload.
Also will try to link to tv coverage.

Nate

edit: The main source for these helo's was the military.

Last edited:

bevanet

I could have used one of these a few times in my life! My dad talked about moving a barn with one once. The price wasn't outragious, but he never got around to moving it.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
In VN we had the army use there heavy lift to set dozers, fuel trailers, ect. on top of mountains so we could build radar/ outlook post and road down ( a lot easier then going up)

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Skycranes are helicopters with hernias.

Attachments

natem

My bad, I was unaware the company operating these had bought the rights to build this former military workhorse. They now produce these for the civi. market, I found this out after a quick youtube search on Heavy Lift Helicopters. Still cool to watch close up.

Nate

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks