• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What accessories were fitted to m880 series

w200/m880

I have allways wondered what accessories came with the m880 shape,i have a couple of earth lead reels which were fitted to them in a usaf refueling mode,any one seen anything else interesting and can impart too all where they were fitted and why ?

w200/m880

i just remembered a pal used to have a 80 w200 crew cab ex usaf which had a cage in the bed with shakles attached,blue lights on stalks at each diagonal corner and flashing red lights in the grill it was a mp wagon,not a m880 i know but i thought it was cool.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Other than troop seats, radios & shelters, nothing official was fitted.
US Military units regularly adapt vehicles to suit their needs.
Back in 1980, on USMC base Camp LeJeunne, The MP's had cages made of chain link fence in the back of many M880's

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's a pic of the radio setup in the back of the M880. Kinda blurry, but it's the real deal. Other than that, seen a few guys modify a CUCV brushguard to fit the front of the Dodge.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What I can see so far in the radio rack picture is:

Top shelf left: fire extinguisher
Top shelf right: AN/GRR-5 receiver
Middle shelf left: RT-524 transceiver
Middle shelf middle: R-442 receiver, C-1439 control box mounted to center beam
Middle shelf right: RT-441 transceiver, part of AN/VRC-24 set
Bottom shelf left: AM-2060 power supply with AN/PRC-77 backpack radio
Bottom shelf middle: unknown power supply or switch box
Bottom shelf right: LS-454 style speakers mounted to center beam

Misc in back of truck:

TA-312 field phone
SB-22 manual switchboard
field phone cable on reel
misc. radio and antenna accessories

So, now you know what you need to complete the setup, at least as shown in the photo.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks