• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rebuilt Steering Box

Jake59

Great glad that you have it back together and working, reading comments from others where does one get a rebuild kit, I have the M923A2 and has a little play in the box, don't want to tear down with out a kit.

Oh my... I'm behind the curve... been away too much, from one thing to the next and now Ukraine war needs all the support they can get, so we're setting up as close as possible...

Anyway, I found all rebuild kits at RockAuto. I don't have enough experience to say anything about the quatlity of those kits, but they are complete, correct and affordable.

Best,

Jake

Jake59

I know this thread is crazy old but curious if you got it going and working after this?

Hi 1Love,

Been installed since quite a while now. Works perfect and smooth... just like a Saginaw PS does!!
I love the US PS... they operate so very easy... not like German or others, which still have quite some resistence built in... just a matter of preference I guess.

Jake

1love

Oh my... I'm behind the curve... been away too much, from one thing to the next and now Ukraine war needs all the support they can get, so we're setting up as close as possible...

Anyway, I found all rebuild kits at RockAuto. I don't have enough experience to say anything about the quatlity of those kits, but they are complete, correct and affordable.

Best,

Jake

Awesome! Thank you for the report, I will most likely rebuild mine knowing it can be done without a huge concern for error.

Jake59

Awesome! Thank you for the report, I will most likely rebuild mine knowing it can be done without a huge concern for error.
It was my first time as well doing a Saginaw rebuild and it is actually easy and I really enjoyed it.
The one thing to watch out for is the white teflon seal on the piston as it may be easily damaged when forcing the piston int the housing... follow the recommendations as shown in the pictures by Chaski, they are valuable guidance!
Jake

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks