• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rare find I think>Military Honda from Ft. Knox/ or Fort Cambell Kentucky.

kentuckycucv

1998 Honda XR250R Military Mods : Long range fuel tank. Metal bracket for for IR Light. Military labeled toggle switches. head light and IR. Tire Mouse (solid core tires) Dessert Paint Job. Also the seat is a tan color as and the long range tank is a tan plastic.

jdknech

hey John Paul, when are we going to take that thing and hit some trails with it?? you should think about taking it up to haspin with us this year for the rally.. -Josh

Dr.Tom

I have a similar bike that came may have come off Ft. Knox too. I reinstalled IR light. new carb, etc. still a hard starter but runs good.
upload photo(s) - maybe we can compare notes. have not been able to find out much info about these bikes and what they used them for.
before: milxr250r-2.jpg

Have a newer m1030B1 too, but I like the 250 better. the 650 looks "bad" with the oversized fuel tank, but too heavy for off-road riding.

After: AirFest006.jpg

kentuckycucv

Dr.Tom I think that is 5he mate to my bike. Mine was marked 00029. There were 2 in the auction. I missed the other. I think you got it. They were at a police auction from Pioneer Village police Dept. They got them from Fort Campbell.... what is light did you put on?

kentuckycucv

Found out more at the 2018 MVPA Convention. My bike was used by Special Forces along with the Pinzgauer. Modified at the Bluegrass Army Depot.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
One of the guys on here just picked up one of the newer Honda 250's it has the mini IR mounted in the # shield

cfr250F.jpg cfr250lights.jpg cfr250.jpg cfr250vinJH2ME110X4K003772.jpg

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Kentuckycucv, what is the background on the small bike in back of your Pinzgauer?
It is one of the USAF KLX110 that their high speed guys used. Even though ours are sand they were called "Black Mambas". Mine was made from two that both had parachute mishaps.
KLX110 - Black Mamba 110 Group.jpg usaf bikes.jpg mine DSCN3751.jpgDSCN3871.jpgmemorial2018.jpg

Last edited:

123mack

That's it. Saw it at Louisville, just couldn't remember the make and model. Missed bidding on one of the small Hondas at GP Mobile ALa few weeks ago.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My best friend was in the 2nd 75th out of Fort Lewis and they had both 250 and 200 cc Hondas, the 200s were exactly like we used to rip around on in high school! Great bikes we rode them hard and often!
Karl

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks