• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does the electonic ignition conv kit work for the MEP-18a

ida34

I saw a place that I can get the electonic ignition conversion kit cheap. It is listed for the 4A032 along with other 4 cylinder engines and equipment. The NSN is listed as 2805 01 176 6944. Then engine in the 10k Mep-18a is the 4A084. Does anyone know if this conversion will work for the 4A084? Has anyone seen a 10k with electronic ignition?

Thanks
Chuck

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Does the electonic ignition conv kit work for the MEP-18

The 4A084 doesn't need one, its got an aircraft magneto which is much better.4A032s with the elec ignition are easier to start for sure.

ida34

RE: Does the electonic ignition conv kit work for the MEP-18

Thats what I was thinking. So for a tune up all you would need is plugs and maybe wires? Also thanks for the info on Columbus DRMO.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks