• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hello from Washington

ZackRidesRed

I have been using the site for about a year now and felt it was time to introduce my self.

Hi my name is Zack

I am an addict, I drag home large metal objects with "no practical use".

I stumbled across this site about a year ago and found out that i can own a deuce and a half. I have wanted one since I was a kid (what kid didn't?) so I decided to buy a M35A2. I then signed up for GL and bought a M105 from ft. lewis to get my first EUC to clear, It took 5 months before I could make the recovery. I have not found anything I will bid on yet so i'm going to start looking on craigslist, I have looked at a couple of dealer web sites but the prices seem to be about 2x privet party and 4x GL so i'm not sure on that.

I'm hoping to get one in the next couple of months. If I do I will be sure to post lots of pics.

(Edit: I got a deuce, this is the link http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/70951-new-deuce-olympia-wa.html#post867193 )

Last edited:

Josh

Welcome aboard. Personally. If ya can find a good running truck on craigslist. Probably your best bet. Deuces tend to bring top dollar in the PNW @ GL as they dont come up often. I nabbed mine off craigslist a few years back. And other then fuel and the occasional oil change, Ive yet to have to do anything to her.

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Howdy from the other side, dry side, of the state.

Don't be in a rush, you either pay it now or later.
There are real deals out there if you can bring a derelict truck home and get her into shape.
But that again is pay now or pay later.

Also be warned there is a strange guy up in Stelacom that will invite you to a rally if he hears you are interested in MVs. If you ask him he will probably forward you every Craigs ad he sees related to MVs..........

Welcome aboard.

hwcurtice

There are real deals out there if you can bring a derelict truck home and get her into shape.

Also be warned there is a strange guy up in Stelacom that will invite you to a rally if he hears you are interested in MVs. If you ask him he will probably forward you every Craigs ad he sees related to MVs..........

Welcome aboard.
Shhhh Tony. Scott's busy with his Deuce. He'll never know, for a while anyway...

hwcurtice

And we make fun of Scott when ever its possible.

1. Because its so easy
2. Because its so much fun.
3. He actually enjoys it.
4. Yes, he is pretty bad, um, well, you know...

Why am I so worried, all the sudden?

Josh

Cause the evil rabbits are out to eat your brain. Dont go to bed or they might get you.rofl.

Hehe. Did ya ever get your trailer wired? If not we needa get that done.

hwcurtice

Trailer is sitting in Lakewood getting a few things done to it. I thought the wiring was fixed, but the driving lights didn't work, so that is being fixed as well.

I did get the bows and cover. Picked up the odd parts to complete that set. When I go pick the trailer, I'll put it all together and see how it looks.

And post a picture too.

Hopefully, next weekend.

srodocker

hey hows it going! soooo of course you've heard of me from the fellow PNW guys. anyone yea theres a rally this summer link is in my signature. hahahh theres a deuce on craigslist for 3k in gig harbor theres also a m52 for 3k down south somewhere....and a couple other trucks that pop up for a little more hehe. you ride honda....:cookoo:

Strange guy!

Welcome aboard.
Yuor right quarkz! He is strange. His first name wouldn't begin with an S would it? Yup! Watch out for him.

wsucougarx

Welcome aboard I'm just 40 min east of you. You need to join our PNW SS Convoy/Parade to get some ideas![thumbzup] Ha, one of these days I'll build up the desire to sell my '86 M35A2C. Once I finally figure that having 4 deuces is overkill I'll procede. Until then, it'll remain the main attraction outside the kitchen window...haha

ZackRidesRed

I raced Honda dirt bikes in my teens, I started using the screen name back then and it stuck.
I would love to pick up that m52 but I don't have my CDL yet, I grew up on a farm driving every thing from ATVs to 18 wheelers, riding lawn mowers to a 70 ton excavator.

The deuce in Gig Harbor looks good but its going to take me a month to put together the rest of the cash.

There is also a bobbed deuce but that really isn't my thing.

So it will still be a month befor I go to look at one. I just need a deuse soon, the zombie apocalypse is coming. . . I can smell it. . .

wsucougarx

Yah that nasty bobbed duece up in Kitsap County has been on CL for more than 2 years. I just wish someone would buy that hideous thing to get it off CL...LOL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks