• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Learning: T16 Universal Carrier

Austringer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I learned they are a lot of fun but right now people seem to think they are made of gold or some other precious metal....

98taco3

Drove one not to long ago. Very odd and very "british" in nature. Neat to see it powered with a ford flat head v8 though. Not exactly easy to drive, you are incredibly scrunched into the drivers position.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
T16 transformation

This story started as a T16 so I'll bump this tired old thread and share what I'm learning.

jeeptank.jpgattachment.jpg

The build is here, belongs to a very creative family and I'm lucky enough to share some testing adventures. http://www.mapleleafup.net/forums/showthread.php?t=20916

The G749 farm is hard on equipment with a recent mole problem leaving hills and holes everywhere and that's how you learn to knock tracks off. So far the new parts have held up but a new set of wheels would sure help so keep your eyes open.

P7070045.jpgP7070007.jpgP7070004.jpgP7070005.jpgP7070014.jpgP7070029.jpgP7070037.jpgP7070042.jpg

Having the track tool onboard with fresh batteries is a must and the repair is a piece of cake with the right beef around.

P7070027.jpgP7070046.jpgP7070017.jpgP7070014.jpgP7070022.jpgP7070021.jpgP7070025.jpgP7070028.jpg

Can you spot the tank?

P7070031.jpg

Wash your tank after each use.

P7070043.jpg

Last edited:

Al Capone

I like that project ! I just purchased a bren universal carrier with all top armor all removed . It’s supposed to run . I have to find transport for it down here to la . I was thinking of modifying it to tank form or a newer style platform.

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like that project ! I just purchased a bren universal carrier with all top armor all removed . It’s supposed to run . I have to find transport for it down here to la . I was thinking of modifying it to tank form or a newer style platform.
It certainly is a short, light beginning to being on tracks using the Bren/ Universal Carrier as a platform. When it's no longer reasonable to make them pure, might as well make them roll. With the jeep engine set up and all the armor it weighed in around the 8000lb mark so a Bobcat trailer can carry them to the shows...or in your case, home. Something about tracks that just makes us smile. If yours is a runner, you're closer than most of us to that first start up and ridiculous grin.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks