• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

engine swap

qonos

I have a toyota land cruiser with a 350 chevy in it. When the time comes I was thinking about putting a multifuel in it, as my M820 has. Does the CUCV have a multifuel engine, and will it mate up like a 350 does to a toyota 4 speed, or will I need to get a different adapter? Any ideas will be greatly appreciated! I don't know if there's enough room for a deuce multifuel. Thanks for your help

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your M820 does not likely have a Multi Fuel engine, unless someone put it in there.

The CUCV does not have a Multi Fuel engine either.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 6.2 while isn't a multifuel, they are pretty forgiving with fuels as long as they are properly filtered. The 6.2 will bolt in place of the 350 but the flywheel is different. Physically its a little bigger than a small block. Are you using the factory side mount bosses or a cradle in front? If its a cradle, that area will need to be re-engineered. Funny, the only foreign car I've ever owned other than VW rail buggies is an FJ40. Wouldn't ya know the FJ had a small block!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Pics are worth a thousand words. Please post pics of your data plate and engine.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
well the multi-fuel engine in the M35A2 weighs about as much as your toyota I think if you change out the oil pan it should go right in. Why you are at it go ahead and swap in the tranny. You may have to reach into the cargo area to change the gears. :p

namedpipes

If Jesse James could make a motorcyle using a 9 bazillion liter Mack truck engine, I'm sure somebody with enough determination could shoehorn a multifuel engine into a Land Cruiser :)

At the very least, it would be interesting to see the attempt!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks