• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sandblasting questions

Banshee365

Hey guy's. There is several surface rust spots on my dropside bed on my deuce that I need to get taken care of. The front of the tailgate is solid surface rust and a few other areas. The integrity of the metal under the rust seems good still and I want to keep it that way before it gets worse. I have some green primer that's close to some of the military colors so I'm going to paint the areas with that just to keep it protected until I paint the whole truck. My question is should I take my truck to my buddies place who has a huge blaster or borrow a friends small home compressor type blaster that I can bring to my house. Can I blast the tail gate on the truck or should I be worried about getting sand in the hinges, I can just try and clean them out real good after. Thanks for the help in advance. He said he likes to use 2035 or something like that sand, said it's fairly fine and works well.

-Kelly

N1265

Use the bigger blaster, Them small ones will work but they sure take a lot of time. and besides, If you take the truck to your buddies house he will probibly help you out.

be sure to protect all glass and lights that might get hit with deflecting sand. It will be ok to blast the gate on the truck but be sure to blow everything out before painting.... remember, sand gets everywhere!

I use to build from scratch and re-furbish propane trucks, did a LOT of blasting and painting..... So Please, be sure you have good goggles or other form of eye protection !

Good Luck !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks