• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109A3 - Combat Camper Build

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
any part #'s for that remote brake res?
Got all the parts except the the 90 degree elbow, a hose nipple and two clamps from Pegasus Auto Racing Supplies - Home Page

The parts are:

#3557--mounting bracket
#3577--clamp
#3558--tank medium
#3575--BFS hose, sold by the foot, you need at least four feet
#3564--reservoir cap#3559--medium and larger reservoir filter

I know alot of people like to mount this on the firewall, but I chose the space next to the driver's seat as you almost have to check it just getting in the truck.

Last edited:

signmaker

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great job !
May I suggest that you either move the house batteries outside or seal them in a box vented to the outside.
I had a customer with a battery on a charger in a closet, he opened the door one day and lit a match to see in the closet and it blew up. That hydrogen gas is really flammable. He had no eyebrows left!
:soapbox:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great job !
May I suggest that you either move the house batteries outside or seal them in a box vented to the outside.
I had a customer with a battery on a charger in a closet, he opened the door one day and lit a match to see in the closet and it blew up. That hydrogen gas is really flammable. He had no eyebrows left!
That's one lucky crispy-critter... I could have been much worse.

Attachments

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great job !
Although the batteries are not sealed in a box, there is a vent there to expel any gas that might collect. And of course the entire box is vented as well.

A

A/C Cages

Use Optima Batteries, no vent needed. Sealed Gel batts and work great. I used to put them in all my race cars, MVs, sandrails, mowers, ect ect

rigger6048

why would someone use a match (open flame) to see in a dimly lit area? does this same guy also have torches to illuminate his living room while his children carve their homework on stone slabs?

A

A/C Cages

why would someone use a match (open flame) to see in a dimly lit area? does this same guy also have torches to illuminate his living room while his children carve their homework on stone slabs?

Have you met some of these people? You woulndt be asking if you did, lol
Oh wait, im one of them too huh? lol

ctmustang

man that is some nice work and a good looking layout. I've been beating the idea of a 109 for the same thing and I guess it's going to be my next project.
Great work-enjoy it
CT[thumbzup]

cx65083

Use Optima Batteries, no vent needed. Sealed Gel batts and work great. I used to put them in all my race cars, MVs, sandrails, mowers, ect ect
Optima's DO work great in practically everything, and being gel cell will hold the acid inside much better than wet cells. That said However, if they are over charged, they will vent just like any other battery. (it just takes a bit more voltage to do it) Better safe than sorry. Please vent and be safe folks!

ps. Charge controllers will go a LONG way to keeping things juiced up without over charging!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks