• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M109A3 - Combat Camper Build

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, did you ever accomplish your pass through? I'm installing a a roll up door for mine, but haven't decided how to seal up the back of the cab to the truck bed. I'm thinking something on tracks as I need it to take off and put back.

Bad_Carp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No, unfortunately I have developed some severe nerve damage in my feet and never did install the pass through, can't even do routine maintenance on the truck anymore which is why I have it up for sale. My finalized idea was to hinge the cutout on the box side so it could be closed and locked if needed and simply use the larger pool noodles on both sides to seal the cab and box together. They aren't very far apart and the dense pool noodles would allow a tight seal while also be able to move around and over each other.

dangeroustyz

I've had a few requests for more pictures or asked if I had done a build thread on the Combat Camper. Unfortunately I didn't take alot of pictures as I was building, but thought I would use a few that I have and take some new ones to create an after the fact build thread.

The box was in pretty bad shape when I got it, rust all the way around the top and a basketball sized hole in the roof. As this is not intended to be a show truck and funds were limited, I decided to simply cut out and treat rusted areas and patch them up with sheet metal and roof patch. Then seal the entire roof with truck bed liner to seal any small cracks, leaks.

Here's what the box looked like originally, the black area was where someone made a small darkroom in it. This was used as a movie truck after serving our country.
do you have a pic of what cargo area looks like now? Thanks

dangeroustyz

Sorry. Just saw your previous post. Looks like you rebuilt everything.

dangeroustyz

Once the holes were patched, one of the first projects was the water system, I want to have enough water for basic camping plus a shower or two now and then. I haven't added the shower setup yet as I'm planning on an outside system that will be floor height and attach right outside the door.

The water tanks are under the bed with a 12V on demand pump. The water heater I got cheap as the electronic ignition doesn't work, a camp lighter solves that and there is plenty of hot water available.

No black/grey water tank installed yet, currently the system drains under the truck into a bucket that can be emptied as needed.

The sink/stove combo was a must and works great without taking up alot of space.

The water tanks are filled by opening the black flap and attack=hing a water hose.
Interested in it. PM me. Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks