• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

where is the best place to title a humvee

Status
Not open for further replies.

1redgmc

And as mentioned before, the titling services seem not to be able to do it anymore.
You are 100% correct. In fact - all that many of them do is charge you big $$ to apply to Vermont on your behalf. You end up paying them several hundred dollars for something you can do yourself in MINUTES online

IMO the online titling services are a complete rip-off

VT is the only State left that will assist you. They enjoy great revenue from this service - so let's be mindful and thankful for it so as not to ruin it for everyone.

Here is their website where if you take the time to read and follow their plain English instructions - you can obtain plates and registration - which can be used in MANY States (probably not all) to obtain a title.

Home | Vermont Department of Motor Vehicles

Here are the instructions:

http://dmv.vermont.gov/sites/dmv/files/pdf/DMV-VD119-Registration_App_Instructions.pdf

Page 2 is what you should pay particular attention to

Here is the form:

http://dmv.vermont.gov/sites/dmv/files/pdf/DMV-VD119-Vehicle_Reg_Tax_Title_App.pdf

Once I got my plates and registration from Vermont - I went to my DMV and applied for a title. The only other thing I had to do was obtain a VIN verification from a local LEO. It was SIMPLE!

I wasted MONTHS and lots of $$ on a useless "professional" title service

smashcrashy

You are 100% correct. In fact - all that many of them do is charge you big $$ to apply to Vermont on your behalf. You end up paying them several hundred dollars for something you can do yourself in MINUTES online

IMO the online titling services are a complete rip-off

VT is the only State left that will assist you. They enjoy great revenue from this service - so let's be mindful and thankful for it so as not to ruin it for everyone.

Here is their website where if you take the time to read and follow their plain English instructions - you can obtain plates and registration - which can be used in MANY States (probably not all) to obtain a title.

Home | Vermont Department of Motor Vehicles

Here are the instructions:

http://dmv.vermont.gov/sites/dmv/files/pdf/DMV-VD119-Registration_App_Instructions.pdf

Page 2 is what you should pay particular attention to

Here is the form:

http://dmv.vermont.gov/sites/dmv/files/pdf/DMV-VD119-Vehicle_Reg_Tax_Title_App.pdf

Once I got my plates and registration from Vermont - I went to my DMV and applied for a title. The only other thing I had to do was obtain a VIN verification from a local LEO. It was SIMPLE!

I wasted MONTHS and lots of $$ on a useless "professional" title service
This is very interesting to me. If I have a foreign vehicle (non standard VIN) would this still apply? I'd like to register a foreign MV in CA but want to eliminate as many state agencies as possible and use private companies instead. I was thinking VIN verifiers and hoped triple AAA or some other service could get me around the rest. But I am open to an out of state solution.

Haasino

This is very interesting to me. If I have a foreign vehicle (non standard VIN) would this still apply? I'd like to register a foreign MV in CA but want to eliminate as many state agencies as possible and use private companies instead. I was thinking VIN verifiers and hoped triple AAA or some other service could get me around the rest. But I am open to an out of state solution.
California DMV and CHP are surprisingly easy to deal with actually... just have CHP assign it a VIN so the DMV computer can create a point of origin and you're good to go. Ex-military vehicles don't scare them... it's the lack of a 17-digit VIN that has to be addressed so the computers can recognize them. I wouldn't turn to VT as a solution until you've been personally turned away by at least 2 DMV offices... including at least one outside a big city.

Last edited:

smashcrashy

California DMV and CHP are surprisingly easy to deal with actually... just have CHP assign it a VIN so the DMV computer can create a point of origin and you're good to go. Ex-military vehicles don't scare them... it's the lack of a 17-digit VIN that has tobe addressed so the computers can recognize them. I wouldn't turn to VT as a solution until you've been personally turned away by at least 2 DMV offices... including at least one outside a big city.
Good to know, Thank you.

Kloakndagr

Ok here's a quick question, how do you get a CHP officer to do a vin verification, the vehicle isn't registered? Do you use the DMV one way pass? Thanks.

im so not looking forward to registering my duece. I'm going the "housecar" RV route.

papaydsailor

When i took my humvee for repair at a H1 hummer dealer here, I was told that AM General told them not to take military hummer for service anymore as they would not be supplying parts for it anymore. The parts that all they ordered has this sticker in all of them.
hummer.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks