• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

What are the steps from bidding, to picking up?

Truckoholic

I am completely new to the idea of bidding on a GL auction. I have spent quite a bit of time searching through the forums here trying to piece things together to figure out all the steps involved from bidding, to winning the bid, to paying for the item, and picking it up, and then what is this EUC you guys talk about? And why does it take so long to get it? And what would make a person not be approved?

I'm just wishing that someone could give me a step by step rundown of everything that is involved in obtaining one of these Military vehicles from GL. I am a good mechanic, so rather than spend a ton of money on one someone else has allready refurbished, I am hoping to buy one for cheap straight from GL and fix it up myself. But I am planning on holding off until I atleast come accross one that does not have to be towed so I can go there and drive it home. But then that brings up another question....Some of the ones I am interested in, say they were driven onto the lot, but now have dead batteries.... Do they have it set up to where I would be able to either charge the batteries, or bring new batteries and a few tools in with me and replace the batteries there in the lot and go, or would even the dead batteries mean having to have it towed or hauled out of there? I just really have no clue how it all works, and definitely don't want to be bidding on one until I know what I'm getting myself into.

Also, what kind of timeframes are there? How long after you pay do you have to get the vehicle out of there? And I take it you can take the vehicle before you have whatever this EUC is? HELP!!! Ha ha It's gonna be later this year before I have the funds to make this happen, but just want to make sure I understand everything ahead of time.

Thanks for any help!!! This site is great!

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is highly recommended you do a inspection before bidding. If you are a winning bidder they charge your credit card ( or what ever payment form you have set up ) .You then have 7 or 10 days to submit a EUC to GL that is correctly filled out . GL sends the EUC to battle creek for approval , this can take anywhere from 7 to 100 days . If your approved you then receive a paid in full invoice and have 10 working days to remove it , most sites require a appointment for pick-up and allow minimal working on truck ,some don't allow any working on it . Some sites also require they are towed off site each site is different.

SPCHowe

The EUC is basically a document saying what you will be doing with whatever you purchase and that you're not going to be selling it to North Korea or Iran if you export it. Its a way of keeping tabs on what has been sold and making sure it's not going to "persons of interest" to the government.

Correct me if I'm wrong

Here's some info from the EUC form you'll have to fill out:SECTION III. UNDERSTANDING AND NOTIFICATIONS
1 . The use, disposition, export and re-export of this property is subject to all applicable U.S. Laws and Regulations, including but not limited to the Arms Export Control Act (22 USC 2751 et seq.); Export Administration Act of 1979 (50 USC App. 2401 et seq.) as continued under Executive Order 12924; International Traffic in Arms Regulations (22 CFR 120 et seq.); Export Administration Regulations (15 CFR 730 et seq.); Foreign Assets Control Regulations (31 CFR 500 et seq.) and the Espionage Act (18 USC 793 et seq.); which, among other things, prohibit:

* * A. The making of false statements and concealment of any material information regarding the use or disposition, export or re-export of the property and
* * B. Any use, disposition, export or re-export of the property not permitted by applicable statute and regulation.
2. The submission of false or misleading information and/or concealment of any material facts regarding the use, disposition or export of this property may constitute a violation of provisions of 18 USC 793/1001, 22 USC 2778/2779, 50 USC App. 2410, and 50 USC App. 1-44. Sanctions for violations will be in conformity with U.S. laws and regulations (including Federal Acquisition Regulations and DoDD 2030.8) and may include the denial of U.S. export privileges and of any participation in future U.S. Government contracts.

3. Transfers of MLI and CCLI property by purchasers/bidders are subject to the requirements of the appropriate licensing department or agency. In many cases, an export license or other authorization may be required. With respect to MLI, registration of the purchaser's/bidder's business with the Department of the State may also be required. It is the responsibility of the purchaser/bidder to determine what the applicable requirements may be and to obtain all necessary authorization or approvals.

4. When MLI/CCLI property is transferred, the information in this form regarding the above laws and regulations must be passed to the subsequent purchaser/receiver. Records of Resale in buyer's possession should be available for Trade Security Controls Office review, if requested.

SECTION IV. CERTIFICATION STATEMENT TO BE SIGNED BY BIDDER AT TIME OF RESPONSE TO IFB
1 . I do certify that all information given in this Statement Regarding Disposition and Use of Property is true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief and have not knowingly omitted any information which is inconsistent with this statement. I understand this statement will be referred to and be a part of the contract of sale/exchange with the U.S. Government. agree to submit a written request for amendment of this statement to the Approving Official prior to effecting any change of fact or intention from that stated herein or in any prior amendment, whether occurring before or after the release of the commodities, and not to effect such changes without first receiving written approval of the Approving Official.

2. I acknowledge having been advised that the MLI/CCLI property I purchased is controlled by the U.S. Government and in many cases cannot be transferred (exported, sold or given) to a foreign country, a non-U.S. Citizen/National or a non-Permanent US Resident without a valid State/Commerce Department export authorization. Should I transfer this property to a foreign country, a non-U.S. Citizen/National or a non-Permanent US Resident, I will obtain any required authorization before making such transfers. I will not transfer this property to countries, regimes and nationals targeted under the sanctions program administered by the U.S. Treasury Department's Office of Foreign Assets Control.

Last edited:

Chief_919

Do yourself a favor and plan to tow it.

Driving a truck away is a crapshoot, at best. You don't have a title or tag so it isn't legal to be on the road, you don't have any clue what kind of shape it is in, and you know it has been sitting for months with zero maintenance and lots of chances for parts to be stolen.

A prearranged haul away is not that expensive. An emergency roadside tow costs a lot more. An accident because brakes or a wheel bearing failed may cost you everything.

Have it towed at least to a place where you can do a proper service and check all the critical pieces.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm pretty sure the GL site has a step-by-step tutorial. Maybe you should check it out.

Truckoholic

Thank you guys for the replies! Yeah, I have bought a few vehicles online without seeing them in person first, and have got lucky. Something like this, I could see even more of a need to inspect it first. That will be rather difficult when the only ones I have been finding are on the complete opposite side of the country! But like was said, what could be a lot more difficult, is ending up broke down on the side of the road somewhere between here and there, or paying to have it hauled all the way across the country to me, and then discovering some major problem I was not made aware of.

Thanks for the explanation of what the EUC is. I should have known that, or been able to find out what it was myself like I did after asking the question. DOH!

And thanks for pointing out that the GL site has a tutorial. I found it, and it is answering a lot of the questions I had.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks