• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M38/GPW wannabe!

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Well thanks with some help from OnegmJack ( dwight) The jeep came back to life after setting for 6 years. Have a few leaks to fix got the new fuel pump on today and adressed some of the leaks. Got the dash in . Ill post some photos later im on a friends computer, i have to leave to go back on the road in a few hours.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Some idiot (me) broke the bolt off to mount the new distributor. after a lot of adult words and 3 broken drill bits and 1 broken easy out. was able to chase the threads and get the new dist. installed. got the dash in too. Not as much Adult words doing that. lol

Attachments

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
PB you wouldn't have a 16 in rim in usable condition laying around? my rim for my spair is pretty bad. don't have to be pretty. just not ready to rust in two.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
PB you wouldn't have a 16 in rim in usable condition laying around? my rim for my spair is pretty bad. don't have to be pretty. just not ready to rust in two.
Sorry Tigger...that's one thing we do not have extra of. We looked when Zout needed some.:sad::sad:

jamesfrom180

I have a generator and rectifier that I pulled off of my old M38a1. I'm not sure but I believe it was putting out 12-14 V. The jeep had been converted over. If you wanted to replace that alt.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Well the body is all together, lights hooked up and working. Drove it arouind the yard a little. Have some picks but im on a friends computer. will post the photos monday when im back to work.

onegmjack

Sorry I could not make it this weekend.Glad you have your Jeep up and running.Call when you come in before the Rally.The Walmart, Exit 34 sound like the place to meet. I still don't have a good computer,but will soon. I am going to bring my son's Verizon 5spot to the Rally if he will let me borrow it.

tigger

Medic.
In Memorial
Well a nother cold day put a crimp on my painting. but i got a lot done. none of my help showed up. The windshild frame is worse than i thought. so i hit it with the wire wheel and painted it. will take it back off after the rally and do a better job with it. im just running out of time. Have to get back to work tomarow. Still have to redo the seats and spray the inside of the tub with bed coating. and bolt the roll bar down. and change some tires. Pvt bones was trying to help but he was dead tired. Pvt Bones will be comming to the rally. The jeep will not be compleatly done for the rally but its comming. the things that count work . Engine, brakes, lights all work! so when you see it just under stand it is a work in progress!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks