• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

pdf manual for M101 howtizer

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have a .pdf copy of the operator's manual for the M101 howitzer? That's the 105mm one that served from WWII until the 1980s.

jasonjc

The good news is that it is on pdf. The bad news is that it listed as "CNF" what ever that means. So it may not be floating around out there. You can down load the LO and the HR for it.:wink: But I don't think that will do you much good, sorry.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, I saw those, but those don't help. Sometimes these manuals on LOGSA are unclassified, then the restrict them if the newer versions have stuff in it that they want to protect. Sometimes it goes the other way, and things get declassified. I downloaded some manuals 10 years ago from that site that are now unavailable for whatever reason. If it made sense it wouldn't be the government.

Why manuals for an out-of-inventory-for-25-years obsolete towed howitzer are classified, I'll never know.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
"Why manuals for an out-of-inventory-for-25-years obsolete towed howitzer are classified, I'll never know."

Just because we don't us it, DOES NOT mean that our ENEMIES don't,, no point in giving them help in how to KILL our troops

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
HA! I can't weld my way out of a paper bag. I'd like to own a replica for the Vietnam display someday. There are a couple guys doing them today, but $$$. Wanted it more to see how a simple howitzer works and its stats. Short of watching some rounds get fired, I didn't get the chance to spend much time around arty.

jasonjc

Yeah, I saw those, but those don't help. Sometimes these manuals on LOGSA are unclassified, then the restrict them if the newer versions have stuff in it that they want to protect. Sometimes it goes the other way, and things get declassified. I downloaded some manuals 10 years ago from that site that are now unavailable for whatever reason. If it made sense it wouldn't be the government.

Why manuals for an out-of-inventory-for-25-years obsolete towed howitzer are classified, I'll never know.
The TM 9-2320-361-10 Dec 1988 for the deuce is "C" Yet the 2006 is "A"

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks