• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wow NO POSTS, well we can't have that!!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Those M-1's look like they were in Korea.
I was in 2nd Tank, 2nd ID in 1994. Right up on the DMZ at Camp Casey.
We had one that flipped over into a rice paddy and was tracks up. :oops:
The crew was safe due to "roll over drills" that taught them how to survive such an event. :D
Since the tank had rolled down a steep embankment the engineers had to build a road thru the rice paddy so the 88's could get out to roll it back over.
It took the better part of a day to recover it. The crew spent the rest of the FTX pulling sh*t details because they didn't have a tank to play with. :cry:
We were very short of wheeled vehicle drivers and the "treadheads" dreaded being detailed to work in the Support Platoon (that I was Platoon Sgt. of).
Most of them couldn't drive a hard bargain much less a HEMTT. :driver:
I cringed everytime I had to let one of them out on the road.
It boggled my mind that they could drive a 62 ton tank but couldn't get a truck out of the motor pool gate without sideswiping the gatepost. :roll:

ida34

We might have been in Korea at the same time. I left in Oct 93. I was at Camp Stanley as I was in Artillery. Of course, I was also 2nd ID.

red devils dude

no pics but a guy I work withs dad was in the armor for 20 years told that once in germany
they had 8!! tanks stuck in a mud hole in this order M1-M1-M88-M88-M60-M60-M1-M88
and then they had to wait four days for it to dry out enough to get them free.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks