• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Added another M1009 to the herd

Smokinyoda

Won a M1009 on govdeals.com last week and drove up to Hopkinsville, KY yesterday to pick it up. There local PD had acquired it back in 04 with only 23k miles, and when I picked it up from them it only had 40k on it.

Got quit a bit of surface rust, and the fiberglass is starting to show on the top, but I have yet to find any rust holes. Put 2 new batteries on, checked all fluids (all were full and fresh looking) and it fired right up. Starts quicker and drives better than any of my others. Hardly any play in the steering and no vibration at any speed. tailgate window is stuck down, and handle is broke off. Something must be broke inside as well because turning the mechanism by hand the window doesnt move. So of course we ran into storms half way home, but at least the wipers and all lights worked. The remainder of the 3 hour trip was uneventful, just the way I like them.

As soon as we left the lot I stopped at the first station we saw to fill up (gauge said full but I never trust em). It only held 2.8 gallons of diesel! Free tank of fuel, and the back was loaded with goodies! Got a slave cable, radio rack, antennae mount, a traffic cone, piles of blank accident reports, numerous mouse/rat nests and a lot of rotted rope, tow straps etc. To bad the slave cable is the 2 pin style, all my trucks are 1 pin. Gonna try and find a different end for the cable. Also found a bullet proof vest, minus the inserts, and a 12g 00 buck shell labled TACTICAL.

I think it was well worth my $1715.00 bid, especially since no extra fees were charged. Told the wife I was buying it to re-sell but I think this one is a keeper.[thumbzup]

Attachments

hotdogs151a2

Mr. Smokinyota:
In the picture of the stuff in the back, it appears the you do have a single pin NATO slave cable with the two pin adapter inserted in both ends.
You might want to check it out, but don't get rid of your adapters the come in handy.
Thanks, Hotdog:jumpin:

Smokinyoda

Thanks for everyones help identifying the cable adapters, I would have never thought to check! My first slave cable, so didnt't even know about the adapters.

You were all right, its a 1 pin cable, just what i need![thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks