• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Wreckerman and Elmo on the move

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nnow I do recall something about Ziggy relocating his AO. Nice to see a bunch of folks getting together to help. Friend help friends move. Good friends help freinds move bodies.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Godspeed, safety, and favorable winds to your entire extraction team.

All kidding aside...
THIS is what makes SteelSoldiers the BEST of all internet associations.

Roll back the clocks to the summer of 1975... I, too, evacuated NEW JERSEY and (other than returning to see family) have never looked back. Those pics of the lush green foliage and chemically decaying and rusting metals from high humidity and industrial waste bring back memories of mixed emotion about my departure - JOY and HAPPINESS. I kiddingly tell folks that "Guido wanted to make my knees swing backward, and that I was in a voluntary relocation program to avoid "The Mob"." But, in fact, I had enlisted and found fresh air, wide open spaces and friendly people here in Texas, so I just never went back.

Again, good fortune to all. Our prayers go with you.

OH! And......
HAPPY FATHERS DAY ! ! !

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That wasn't the Deliverance scene I was thinking about. :shock:

I really didn't want to post THAT scene. I figured the BANJO scene would prompt that in the minds of those who know the story.

BTW: I'm very glad that the convoy is headed WEST out of NJ. :driver: It can get better in that direction. :D Uh... Headed EAST out of NJ would only get them WET :roll:

This reminds me of an old Grouch Marx quote:
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read."Groucho Marx
US comedian with Marx Brothers (1890 - 1977)

ryan77

Ive been to Jersey several times, ive also been to Detriot several times, Im in Chicago on a daily basis if i never went back to all 3 it would be fine with me!!! :beer:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I heard The Betty Ford clinic recently opened a new wing dedicated to fighting OD disease.

Perhaps they have checked themselves in?

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I heard The Betty Ford clinic recently opened a new wing dedicated to fighting OD disease.

Perhaps they have checked themselves in?
I heard they all applied for admittance but were immediately turned away.:(

Seems the first rule is...ya hafta wanna change:beer:
This is another fine example of "GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE? :beer:

After my original ponderances of the possible Betty Ford INTERVENTION scenario, I realized that stating it openly would be just cause for my own institutionalization. Therefore, up until now, I didn't "go there" within this forum.

Thank God I'm not the the only one that thought of that as a possibility. Maybe I'm not so crazy after all.

:cookoo: . . . aua . . . :doh: "That's gonna leave a mark."

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks