• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OIF/OEF pics

jholler

Just some pics of our route clearance vehicles I thought y'all might enjoy.

Attachments

SMOKEWAGON66

When i get my External hard drive up and running, ill post some of my OIF pics from OIF 1,2, and 3 along with Rotation 06-08....gun truck'in and Transport'in :beer:

1genr6

Here's a few from Afg. They include a few of where we lived for a little while (in our mraps and matv's), one of a near rollover, a few pics of what we like to give to the Afghan Army to destroy, one of a 7 ton hit by 80lbs of HME, one of me climbing out of a freshly exploded IED crater and one of me calling in something, don't remember what this one was. I'd post some badass pics for you, but you're probably all taliban and I'd hate to hurt your feelings HAHA! BTW, The new suspension on the MRAPS is great, no more shaken baby (or Marine) syndrome from riding in them and the MAT-V's do great bombing through the desert. They are like up-armored baja racers (to an extent!)

Attachments

Last edited:

CanonNinja

who makes that commercial chassis cargo truck?

ETA: nevermind, found it... NaviStar/International 7000-MV WorkStar chassis..... do want....

Last edited:

BlizzardX23

****...that hit did damage! Glad you guys are ok though! I see it blew out one window...was that after the fire? or damage done from the hit? Also...what caused it to flare up like that? I'm not familiar with the MRAPS or newer vehicles

Glad the new armor is working though!

nkawtg

Glad no injuries were sustained.......amazing with all the damage.

Dumb question.........I had heard the Buffalos were designed to take that kind of damage and be repaired. True??

SMOKEWAGON66

The window was shattered by the hit and finished off by the fire. The fire itself resulted from the round going through an external fuel tank and also igniting the tires...when our QRF team went out to assist/recover, they were still taking fire, so the mechanics hooked the wrecker up and drug it through the gate still on fire. We had awesome mechanics.

Couple more, both of my Buffalo. The first is where I took a direct hit from an RPG-7, it impacted the armor/window right where my shoulder was, and the armor held. The other 2 are from running over a 50+lb IED of homemade explosive. No injuries in either except for getting our bells rung and pissing me off cause they kept breaking my truck.

You Buffalo guys and Sweeper teams have the UTMOST respect from me. Guys like you have probably saved my bacon more times then i even know. Having to go drive in Iraq knowing IEDs were out there was bad enough but going out and LOOKING for them, thats balls man! :beer:

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
OPSEC fellas. Posting images of destroyed coalition equipment, discussing the action and the result can help the enemy. Might seem silly considering the amount of these types of photos out there, but I know I wouldn't want my photos to contribute to enemy success. Just something to think about.

SMOKEWAGON66

OPSEC fellas. Posting images of destroyed coalition equipment, discussing the action and the result can help the enemy. Might seem silly considering the amount of these types of photos out there, but I know I wouldn't want my photos to contribute to enemy success. Just something to think about.
Agreed. I still remember the SAEDA briefings. Thats why i did not elaborate on the pics i posted. The pics are of equipment not used in combat situations anymore without extensive modification. These were un-armored vehicles that can be found in used truck lots world wide so i doubt it could be helpfull to anyone...which isnt always the case i know...but not likely. I wouldnt post any pics if i thought they could be used against US.

Stan Leschert

OPSEC is also what prevents us from posting GL Forklift Post Battle Damage Pics as well!

Just for info, I do have some pics that were taken by CDN troops,
but by request, I can not post them.
Or email .... Sorry.

The OIC was quite specific, and even though our crew is home now,
the enemy does not need to know if he was effective or not!

Just wait until they find out that their 40 virgins look like Sarah Boyle ...
or Roseanne Barr.

I just don't want to visualize that one!

Last edited:

SMOKEWAGON66

couple of me and my 915a3 and one in action near the tigris river pontoon bridge a few miles from Balad airbase.

EDIT: found a pic of us crossing that pontoon bridge...note: the wind jammers on the trucks in the last pic were removed bout half way through the deployment. the first three are later on...

Attachments

Last edited:

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I know that bridge. Didn't much care for Balad so I tried to avoid going, but it seems like i when i did get over that way I always crossed it at night so I never got a picture.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks